The simFlight Network Forums

MEA New Repaint (A320 done)

Karamich

Hi Burkhard

I started the new MEA livery update by painting for now the A320. And while doing so I noticed that with your original paint, the cedar on the engine is fliped upside down on the FS model. So I fliped it in the texture to make it look ok in FS. Also I added MEA underneath the engines cedar picture as in real life...

It is not the best paint in town but I managed to create the first MEA aircraft in the new colors... I will do the 321 and 330 when I get some more free time

Also I noticed that I got a grey line that divides the left body. It comes from the textures I suppose... I forgot if it was there in the original paint... Anyways not a big deal :)

Here are 2 preview snap shots...

Cheers

post-26631-0-68307900-1329546106_thumb.j

post-26631-0-72622500-1329546112.jpg

Looks very well done!

Did you "convert" a bigger or smaller paintkit because that would leave a grey line, but it dosent look like it since it has the two overwing exits, to fix this i would simply just erase the grey outline where the paintkit splits it in ms paint...

upload it here so burkhard can do the lightmap for you!

The gray line typically comes from the end of the front or beginning of the tail section, remove that line and it will be gone. The thing about the engine rins an alarm, I have to check the V2500 models.

Nice paint by the way, I just made LAM E190 and now am on AKX MD80...

Thanks for the feedback, I fixed the line as you suggested

And I just finished painting the A321! One more to go and will be done with MEA, the A330... :) Glad they do not have the Air France fleet because Air France updated slightly they livery as well with a small touch that should be a pain to do on every plane they have

What are the lightmaps, you mean the night ones? Already done! I used the paintkit Burkhard uploaded on this forum and with photoshop multiplied the generic lit texture over the day one with some tweaks in the aircraft windows...

So when I will paint the MEA A330 I will upload the 3 aircraft textures packages here in case Burkhard likes to make them available in the next update and in case people like to have them updated too

BTW, I encountered a strange phenomenon with the .dds that I solved without knowing how. In fact when I opened FSX to check my A321 livery, from far away the textures where ok, when I came close they started shifting toward black until they become pitch black when I was near... Reopened the BMP in paint and saved them and recoverted and restarted FSX and it was ok... So donno why it happened and how it was solved but the A320 did not do it...

Cheers

Thanks for doing that, I will add to the first beta for sure since this is a well known airline. So if you could send me the 24bit bmp that would be ideal so that I can do the rest myself.

Has Air France really started repainting or are only the new one in th new colors, I didn't see any new paint yet real life...

Sure I will upload in a minute all 3 liveries of MEA !

Air France has a new livery that is a slightly different one from the old version. Their A380 has it, it includes a small red shape next to Air France type on the body + they changed the Air Fance type font

So you might be right only the new planes are done with the new one. I suppose as it is a pain to redo all their A.I planes, same applies for real life :)adding to it the fact that grounding planes to paint is money lost :)