The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse Look Behaviour

Best I can answer you quickly, as I only got the email about the topic, is that yes, it is possible as I have done it. I don't like it though, so not using it, and can't tell you exactly how - but I remember something like assigning middle mouse button to my Logitech software and then assigning that in FSUIPC.

Quick question; is it possible to use the centre ( wheel) mouse button to toggle mouse look on and off, rather than have mouse look active only while the centre mouse button is held down ?

Mouse look mode can be switch on and off using assigned FSUIPC controls, or via the standard FS method of holding the space bar down too. The facility for it to be enabled when holding the middle button down is an "extra" facility enabled by default, but never was the prime method.

Please do review the documentation for this -- currently item 2 in the "Changes" document.

Pete

Pete, Kosta, thanks for the responses.

Pete, yes, I'd already read the changes document, and it was this that informed me that the mouse look could be enabled while the wheel button was pressed down. Up until then I had been using the spacebar to toggle mouse-look on and off.

What I'm asking is...can I make the mouse wheel button act in the same way as the spacebar, i.e. to toggle mouse-look on and off, rather than it only being active while the wheel button is held down. ( Actually, if you do toggle mouse-look on with the spacebar, you can toggle it off by pressing and releasing the wheel button, so in a sense we are half way there. )

Kosta, I'll have a look at your method, when my X52 Pro comes back. Its being repaired at the moment ( oh quelle surprise). However, I'd like to keep it in FSUIPC if possible.

Shift + O is the default key combo to toggle mouse look mode on and off, I just assign Shift-O to one of the buttons on my mouse with the Logitech drivers, the software has a facility that allows you assign different functions to the buttons depending on which program has focus.

I almost exclusively fly using the VC and the most common keypress for me is holding the spacebar to pan the cockpit camera view around.

After installing FSUIPC however, I press and hold the space bar, the cursor turns into a +, I pan around alright, but after releasing the spacebar the view auto centers straight forward.

I do not have FSUIPC installed, I am a bit surprised that such basic default behaviour is changed, specially considering that apparently the fix requires changing settings only available using the registered version?

I did not install FSUIPC for anything related to views or controls... HELP!

I almost exclusively fly using the VC and the most common keypress for me is holding the spacebar to pan the cockpit camera view around.

After installing FSUIPC however, I press and hold the space bar, the cursor turns into a +, I pan around alright, but after releasing the spacebar the view auto centers straight forward.

I do not have FSUIPC installed, I am a bit surprised that such basic default behaviour is changed, specially considering that apparently the fix requires changing settings only available using the registered version?

I did not install FSUIPC for anything related to views or controls... HELP!

I assume, then, you meant "I do not have FSUIPC registered" rather than "I do not have FSUIPC installed", which seems to contradict all the rest.

I cannot reproduce this behaviour here, on FSX, with the current version of FSUIPC4 (4.939), and nothing has changed in this area in FSUIPC4 since the currently supported version was released (4.827 is the oldest still supported). And FSUIPC3 doesn't have a mouse look facility, so I'm really not sure how I can help you.

Please state the version of FS (FS9 or FSX, maybe?) and that of FSUIPC. Maybe it's something in an old version? In which case you should either update or remove FSUIPC.

Regards

Pete

• 1 year later...

Gentlemen,

The culprit is Ezca. Try disabling it (3) and see that the mouse cursor stays in place. Enabling Ezca again (3), the view is centered. What I can contribute is that, in my last FSX installation, the mouseview feature worked like a charm, and in my brand new one things are hard to tune, as this irritating mouse behavior. I'll turn on my former computer and see if I fcan ind out what is configured there.

Regards,

Heron