The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
captainc

Location for FS9 flight plans always defaults back too

Hi Guys

I have now uninstalled FSC8.6 and soley use FSC9.1 but I am having troubles choosing and keeping a file location in my ini file from the path that I want.

I want to be able to save my FS9 plans in 1 location I have set the path thru open save as clicking on path then under FS Flight plans choose my location but every time I shut FSC down and reopen it the path reverts back to below

FPPATH09=C:\Users\CRAIG\Documents\

When I open save and click on Paths I alway get a window poping up saying the following FS9 flight plan folder unspecified! Choose <Flight Simulator Files> manually.

I operate win764 FSC is installed in c: only and I did install as adminstrator.

Is this a bug or not?

I have even open my ini file and changed the path within but once I reopen FSC it reverts back to the above path.

Cheers

Craig

Hi Craig,

Is this a bug or not?

The answer is,it's not a bug.

We have decided that the flight plan is stored where the simulator expects the plans.

Through testing, we ensure that the correct folder was found.

If you want to save your plans in a different folder, (Question, that makes sense?), you must create a file in that folder that bears the name,

as an example, CRAIG.FLT. You can use any name, important is the suffix .FLT.

Regards,

Volker

btw. please update also to version 9.1.1