The simFlight Network Forums

Dumbest User

I must be the dumbest user ever. I was all set up with Saitek yoke, peddals and two quadrants. I flew several flights ok and then it seemed that moving the spoilers also caused the ailerons to move so I figured I was having axis issue. I tried to re calibrate and now I am unable to assign axis or calibrate. I have went as far as to remove and reinstall FSUIPC. When I assign the aileron axis and calibrate and then check the movement I see that the yoke barely moves left and right and not at all do I see movement on the wings. I only use PMDG aircraft, I have the control disabled in FSX and I was able to calibrate just fine once before. Please don't tell me to read the manual because I have done this until my eyes are crossed and I still can't get calibrated back to where I had it. When calibrating the quadrants I can't get all four throttles to assign to a Z axis so I just use what ever comes up when moving the lever but then they don't seem to calibrate properly. This not a flame post but I am totally confused as to why I can't recallibrate any longer.

I was all set up with Saitek yoke, peddals and two quadrants. I flew several flights ok and then it seemed that moving the spoilers also caused the ailerons to move so I figured I was having axis issue. I tried to re calibrate and now I am unable to assign axis or calibrate. I have went as far as to remove and reinstall FSUIPC.

Re-installing FSUIPC never does anything, unless you are updating to a later version. All your settings are in the INI file, not in the Installable part at all.

It sounds simply that you had dual assignments. Maybe you are assigning in FSUIPC and forgot to disable controllers in FS? Without know what you are doing I couldn't say. In any case you do not have to assign in FSUIPC in order to calibrate in FSUIPC, so if you are so assigning, why? What do you want to achieve? Different axis assignments for different aircraft, maybe?

Please don't tell me to read the manual because I have done this until my eyes are crossed and I still can't get calibrated back to where I had it.

Sorry, with no information I can't help much, can I? If you've got everything in a right mess, start again -- NOT be reinstalling FSUIPC, which achieves nothing, but by deleting the INI file before loading FS.

Then, yes, calibrate by following the numbered steps. Don't just read the manual over and over, follow the steps as you are doing them. That's why they are there.

When calibrating the quadrants I can't get all four throttles to assign to a Z axis

There's no such thing as "assigning to a Z axis". If one of your axes is Z you assign IT to something else, not the other way around.

Why not forget about FSUIPC assignments intially, and just let FS assign everything and then do the calibration in FSUIPC? Start simpler, don't confuse yourself so much! And start with a default aircraft, NEVER with a complex add-on. That just makes it harder.

Pete

Re-installing FSUIPC never does anything, unless you are updating to a later version. All your settings are in the INI file, not in the Installable part at all.

It sounds simply that you had dual assignments. Maybe you are assigning in FSUIPC and forgot to disable controllers in FS? Without know what you are doing I couldn't say. In any case you do not have to assign in FSUIPC in order to calibrate in FSUIPC, so if you are so assigning, why? What do you want to achieve? Different axis assignments for different aircraft, maybe?

Sorry, with no information I can't help much, can I? If you've got everything in a right mess, start again -- NOT be reinstalling FSUIPC, which achieves nothing, but by deleting the INI file before loading FS.

Then, yes, calibrate by following the numbered steps. Don't just read the manual over and over, follow the steps as you are doing them. That's why they are there.

There's no such thing as "assigning to a Z axis". If one of your axes is Z you assign IT to something else, not the other way around.

Why not forget about FSUIPC assignments intially, and just let FS assign everything and then do the calibration in FSUIPC? Start simpler, don't confuse yourself so much! And start with a default aircraft, NEVER with a complex add-on. That just makes it harder.

Pete

I have everything back and a copy saved off, but have to minor issues. I have the profile set to PMDG737 and have short name to Subscript (maybe that is wrong) because loading a different livery did not load all of my button settings. Second throttle one requires a lot more movement to catch up to throttle 2. I am sure this is something I am doing wrong in calibration just not sure what that is.

Thanks

I have everything back and a copy saved off, but have to minor issues. I have the profile set to PMDG737 and have short name to Subscript (maybe that is wrong)

The correct parameter, which is actually the default setting in all recent versions of FSUIPC, is "ShortAircraftnameOk=Substring". If you have started with a freash install, no INI, you do not need to change anything, it is already correct.

because loading a different livery did not load all of my button settings. Second throttle one requires a lot more movement to catch up to throttle 2. I am sure this is something I am doing wrong in calibration just not sure what that is.

Show me your INI file and I'll tell you.

Pete

The correct parameter, which is actually the default setting in all recent versions of FSUIPC, is "ShortAircraftnameOk=Substring". If you have started with a freash install, no INI, you do not need to change anything, it is already correct.

Show me your INI file and I'll tell you.

Pete

I bet I have Subscript, I was working on a word document and it probably stuck in my head. I will send the .ini later today.

Thanks