The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG NGX SDK

oK I have to read and find info on how to interact.

All of the controls you need for the 737NGX are listed in the one file in its SDK. You just use the control numbers. I will make it easier in FSUIPC to assign those control numbers in an update soon, but meanwhile it is easy enough to put them into control assignments in the FSUIPC4.IINI file directly.

Regards

Pete

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Offset 6500 for the Position Lights switch appears to read a value of 1 regardless of switch position. It should read between 0 and 2. Checked via FSUIPC logging to FS window.

EDIT

Offset 6500 appears to be linked to Taxi Lights switch as well as 64FA

These are comments on errors in PMDG's NGX data structure, not on any FSUIPC mapping, because all FSUIPC does is receieve the entire structure as one data block directly into where you read the offsets from.

Please direct all such bug reports to PMDG but do not refer to the "offset" which is meaningless to them, but to the name of the varaible in the header file.

Regards

Pete

• 3 years later...

Dear Pete,

Hope you had a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

My name is Ronald Jackson.

I'm going to start working on a Homemade cockpit. But before I did that, I installed one toggle switch to my computer to see how everything would work, and it seems to work just fine. When I try to compliment it to my fsx fsuipc with a pmdg ngx product it seems not to work since I'm not able to understand how the offsets work. I've read the manuals many times, but can't get to understand them. Searched for help over the internet hoping to find solutions but nothing. I see you have helped many folks, so I thought you might be the right person to come to. I've created an account on this just to get in touch with you, hoping you have the time and the courage to help me understand my problem and my frustration. 

All I need to know is how to get the taxi lights to work using the toggle switch on/off "737 pmdg product". 

Just help me in trying to understand just the lights part, how the offsets for the lights work, and how I can make the lights work with the switch toggle I've installed using FSUIPC.

P.D

If any question, email me on my personal email-

rjackson1995@aol.com

Thanks

Looking forwards in hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Ronnie

I'm going to start working on a Homemade cockpit. But before I did that, I installed one toggle switch to my computer to see how everything would work, and it seems to work just fine. When I try to compliment it to my fsx fsuipc with a pmdg ngx product it seems not to work since I'm not able to understand how the offsets work. I've read the manuals many times, but can't get to understand them. 

All I need to know is how to get the taxi lights to work using the toggle switch on/off "737 pmdg product". 

Offsets are for programmers, and the PMDG assigned ones are only for read-outs to show on displays. All the PMDG controls are simply numbers sent by assigning your switch to <custom control> and inserting the appropriate PMDG control number. Those are listed in the PMDG documentation (in their SDK folder), not in mine.

If you can't figure that part out, you really need to address this to folks in the PMDG support forums. I don't use any PMDG products and don't currently have ready access to their SDK. Sorry.

Pete

Dear Pete,

Hope you had a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

My name is Ronald Jackson.

I'm going to start working on a Homemade cockpit. But before I did that, I installed one toggle switch to my computer to see how everything would work, and it seems to work just fine. When I try to compliment it to my fsx fsuipc with a pmdg ngx product it seems not to work since I'm not able to understand how the offsets work. I've read the manuals many times, but can't get to understand them. Searched for help over the internet hoping to find solutions but nothing. I see you have helped many folks, so I thought you might be the right person to come to. I've created an account on this just to get in touch with you, hoping you have the time and the courage to help me understand my problem and my frustration. 

Just help me in trying to understand just the lights part, how the offsets for the lights work, and how I can make the lights work with the switch toggle I've installed using FSUIPC.

P.D

If any question, email me on my personal email-

rjackson1995@aol.com

Thanks

Looking forwards in hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Ronnie

try this Ron:

ipc.control(69749, 536870912)

try this Ron:

ipc.control(69749, 536870912)

Thanks, Dario.

Note, however, that's for a Lua plug-in program. For a simple assignment to a switch you'd select <custom control> and enter 69749 for the control number and that other number for the parameter.

Incidentally, that second number makes more sense as 0x20000000 in Lua, or just x20000000 as the parameter entry. It's a single digit in a 32-bit binary value.

Pete

Thanks, Dario.

Note, however, that's for a Lua plug-in program. For a simple assignment to a switch you'd select <custom control> and enter 69749 for the control number and that other number for the parameter.

Incidentally, that second number makes more sense as 0x20000000 in Lua, or just x20000000 as the parameter entry. It's a single digit in a 32-bit binary value.

Pete

Yeah, silly me. I haven't fired up my sim in ages and since all my assignments are in Lua - Linda, I just opened my NGX script and searched for "taxi" without even thinking.

That parameter probably came from flipping switches in the cockpit while tracing control changes.

Thanks for the clarifications