The simFlight Network Forums

Newbie to FSUIPC for FSX

I have both the FS9 and now FSX registered version of FSUIPC. I have no issues with FSUIPC in FS9; however, in FSX the 'Profiles Specific' option does not show on FSX. I did add to the FSUIPC4.ini file the line "UseProfiles=Yes" but the "Aircraft Specific" option is still displayed.

I did add the "UseProfiles=Yes" under the [General} topic, one was not previously there, I did save the file, and FSX was not running while making this change.

In FS9 I have a profile for 2 eng prop, 4 eng prop, 2 eng jet, 3 eng jet, and 4 eng jet. I would like to have the same for FSX.

What am I missing?

The FSUIPC users manual that I printed many years ago, was in the FS9\Modules\Modules folder; however I can not find a users manual in the FSX modules. The Download of FSUIPC4 only provides a changes doc. Where can I download the full manual?

Martin

ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_440028', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_440028', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '440028' }, parseInt('0') );

I have both the FS9 and now FSX registered version of FSUIPC. I have no issues with FSUIPC in FS9; however, in FSX the 'Profiles Specific' option does not show on FSX. I did add to the FSUIPC4.ini file the line "UseProfiles=Yes" but the "Aircraft Specific" option is still displayed

Sounds like you are out of date in any case. Profiles have been defaulted on in the last few rleases. make sure you are using a supported version - 3.999 or later for FS9, 4.81 or later for FSX.

I did add the "UseProfiles=Yes" under the [General} topic, one was not previously there,

Unless you are using an extremely old version, before Profiles was even added, the UseProfiles parameter is ALWAYS there. Either you now have two, and the other is being seen instead, or your FSUIPC is well out of date and unsupported!

The FSUIPC users manual that I printed many years ago, was in the FS9\Modules\Modules folder; however I can not find a users manual in the FSX modules. The Download of FSUIPC4 only provides a changes doc. Where can I download the full manual?

No user manual was EVER installed in the modules folder. Pleease READ the Installation document which is provided in the same ZIP as the FSUIPC Installer. It tells you exactly where all the additional files are installed for you! That's why there is an Installation document, to tell you such things!

If you did not run the Installer, you have the wrong FSUIPC entirely. Always start by Installing. Only apply interim updates directly!

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

At 70 yrs old it gets hard to remember were evryhing is at; I thought I had the latest manual. I always read manuals and look for my answers before posting a question. During my working years I too wrote many technical manuals and was frustrated when customers called for help that was clearly stated in the manual. So forgive me for taking your time.

The FSUIPC version that I downloaded for FSX was verasion 4.8 (I downloaded it from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson).

In the Installation manual it states: " and these in the Modules\FSUIPC Documents folder:" followed by the list of 8 docs. These were not there. My FSX is at C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X. The only files in the MODULES folder are FSUIPC4.DLL (version 4.1.1.0), FSUIPC4.Key, FSUIPC4.ini, FSUIPC4.log, WideServer0.log, and WideServer.log.

Why version 4.1.1.0 is there, I don't know. I loaded FSX and aircrafts many moons ago but never flew with FSX. I guess FSUIPC may have been loaded by one of the 3rd parties. I now think that the installation may have not over-ridden the old version.

I will download again, delete all the FSUIPC files (Except .key) in the MODULE folder for FSX and re-install. I'll update this post with the results.

Martin

Pete,

After responding to your reply above, I was curuious about the 4.1.1.0 revision; so, I re-read the installation doc included with the download and It does state to delete older FSIUPC files in the folder; however, when I first read it, I didn't think I had a FSUIPC file in the FSX Module. I should have checked it first.

I did delete what was there for FSUIPC (except .key) and re-installed. I now have the latest manuals and the "Profiles" option is there.

Regards,

Martin

At 70 yrs old it gets hard to remember were evryhing is at

Yes, I know the feeling. I'm 69, and in my case it is made worse by my Retinitis Pigmentosa which caused my severe tunnel vision. I don't find anything unless I look stright at it!

The FSUIPC version that I downloaded for FSX was verasion 4.8 (I downloaded it from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson).

Okay. That's good. so you ran the Installer from inside the ZIP, following the instructions given in the Installation and Registration guide, which would also have been inside that Zip. Generally there isn't a "changes" document there as well, but I made an exception for 4.81 because there was too little difference from 4.80 to make a revision to the installed manuals.

One of the first parts of the Installation document is a list of the files the Installer actually installls for you, and where they are placed. Maybe you skipped over that section?

In the Installation manual it states: " and these in the Modules\FSUIPC Documents folder:" followed by the list of 8 docs. These were not there. My FSX is at C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X. The only files in the MODULES folder are FSUIPC4.DLL (version 4.1.1.0), FSUIPC4.Key, FSUIPC4.ini, FSUIPC4.log, WideServer0.log, and WideServer.log.

In that case you most certainly did NOT dowmload the proper Installation package from the Schiratti site as you stated, or if you did you NEVER ran the Installer. Otherwise there would certainly be an FSUIPC Documents subforlder AND an Installer log file!

There was no Profiles facility in version 4.11

I now think that the installation may have not over-ridden the old version.

If you ran it it would have, or complained of a failure to find FSX. All the evidence points to it never having been run.

I will download again, delete all the FSUIPC files (Except .key) in the MODULE folder for FSX and re-install.

You do not need to delete anything, the Installer will cope. If, however, your INI file is in a mess you may wish to delete that so you can start again with the Profiles.

After responding to your reply above, I was curuious about the 4.1.1.0 revision; so, I re-read the installation doc included with the download and It does state to delete older FSIUPC files in the folder; however, when I first read it, I didn't think I had a FSUIPC file in the FSX Module. I should have checked it first.

I think you'll find it only suggests deleting the INI file, and only if your previous version is very old -- which in fact yours is. And that's only to avoid conusion with your settings. There is never ever ANY need to explicitly delete anything else. FSUIPC's Installer will always replace an older version and never a later one.

Regards

Pete