The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
flying-w

Flight1 SoundStream

I don't often mention other add-ons here, but one's come a long that might be useful to those of you running STB and FSX on the same computer. The way the FSX SDK is designed means applications such as STB have to run in a separate window from FSX. And that separate window means that FSX itself has to run in widowed mode rather than full screen. Whenever we switch focus in window mode, i.e. you click on the STB window to do something, the FSX sound stops playing. I've always found this remarkable, imagine if ITunes stopped playing the sound when you clicked on another application!

Help is at hand in the form of a new add-on from Flight1 called SoundStream. This overcomes the windows mode limitation, and the FSX sound continues even when some other application has focus. I've tested this extensively with STB and found no problems what so ever. When ever you click on STB, the sound is still going in FSX. I have to say this is a great improvement over silence, I love the ambience of flight and not to mention the importance of responding to ATC, crew members etc..

If you'd like to check it out yourself, you'll find the details here:

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=soundstream

Simon