The simFlight Network Forums

CH Yoke for pushback and turn ~~~

CH Yoke:

I have assigned buttons 2, 3 and 4 (right-hand horn) for FS keyboard commands;

button 2 = Shift + P (pushback)

button 3 = 1 (swing tail to left)

button 4 = 2 (swing tail to right)......

So far so good! This works fine until Radar Contact is active when the commands 1 and 2 are used by RC for their menu and, therefore, only the pushback facility is available.

I deactivated the above buttons from the FSX\Options\Controls function.

Page 30 of the manual, bullet point #2 inferrs that the above FSUIPC settings (Buttons) would operate "outside" of the RC requirements - or am I reading this wrong?

Any comments and an expert eye would be appreciated.

Thanks.

KH.

Moved from the FAQ subforum where it won't be answered ...

I have assigned buttons 2, 3 and 4 (right-hand horn) for FS keyboard commands;

button 2 = Shift + P (pushback)

button 3 = 1 (swing tail to left)

button 4 = 2 (swing tail to right)......

You'd probably be better off assigning direct ot the FS controls rather than to keypresses which are then assigned in FS to the controls. Why use the keyboard when it isn't necessary? The pushback control is "toggle pushback" and the 1 - 4 selections are "select 1" through to "select 4".

So far so good! This works fine until Radar Contact is active when the commands 1 and 2 are used by RC for their menu and, therefore, only the pushback facility is available.

Of course, keypresses grabbed by other programs will take precedence. I reassign all the RC controls to Control+Shift+X combinations in any case to avoid all possible conflicts.

I deactivated the above buttons from the FSX\Options\Controls function.

Buttons? Sorry you've lost me there.

Page 30 of the manual, bullet point #2 inferrs that the above FSUIPC settings (Buttons) would operate "outside" of the RC requirements - or am I reading this wrong?

Sorry, I'm confused. You are assigning to keypresses and it is the keypresses which are getting mixed up or overridden. What are buttons to do with that? I cannot find the "inference" you mention either. My #2 point on page 30 (right at the botton) is cpncerned with Aircraft or Profile specific button settings. What version of FSUIPC and Manual are you looking at?

Sorted :oops:

Oh, saw this after. Still, I hope the above is still useful -- controls, when available, are always prefereable to keypresses.

Regards

Pete