The simFlight Network Forums

Burkhard, any time I’ve had a problem with MyTraffic (or FSX/FS9 in general), I could always come to your forum and find an answer in various postings. However, this one has me stomped. Travis AFB (KSUU), is a USAF base in California, USA. I cannot get any traffic at the airport, no matter what I try. I have excellent traffic everywhere else. At 100% airliner density on FSX, practically all parking spots are filled at ETAR and other military bases… but not KSUU. It is completely empty. I’ve re-compiled the traffic.bgls, I’ve changed AFCADs, I used the original airport file from FSX. I even created an “airline” in MyTraffic, loosely based on the aircraft based at KSUU. No luck. I checked the timetable in MyTraffic Editor and KSUU has a full schedule, including my new flights.

I read a posting where you question if an airport had a tower frequency. I checked the KSUU AFCAD I was using, and it did not. I added the tower frequency I got from your BR2_KSUU, and I also added the base ATIS frequency, which I found online (ATIS doesn't work). After I did that, something strange happened. I did an approach to the airport I asked for clearance to land. It was granted, I landed and as always, the base was empty. But this time, two aircraft asked for landing clearance after me. When they landed, it was the first time I’ve seen aircraft at the base. I tried different times of day and the same thing happens. It’s as if aircraft in the area that are scheduled to stop at KSUU wait for my cue to land. Do you have any idea as to why I can’t get traffic at the air base otherwise?

There I have no explanation from the beginning...

First thing I do is to have a look using my actual installation ( which is 5.4a but there was no change to KSUU ) . I do see a usual mix of USAF aircraft there, many many KC10, C5, C17 etc...

It is my experience that 99% of all no traffic events end with finding an incompatible schedule. If this is not the case, I recommend the following:

Once you updated to 5.4a, or with 5.4 today, you verify that you have traffic using the airport as delivered by MyTraffic. If that does not show traffic, then we know the 99% to be 100%, go through other addons you have installed. If it shows up then, then your airport might still need an analysis.

Burkhard, I now have 5.4a. I will update, but first... my concern is how do I update the databases without losing anything? Is there an easy way to save and migrate the aircraft types, series, etc..that I created in 5.4? Also, MyCaptain looks very promising! Thank you, sir!

Open the old database. Then there are export options, like export aircraft. This creates readable ASCI files, with what you added at the end. So using these files you can easily isolate the data you added. Now, open ( a copy of) the 54a database, and import these cleaned files to the new one. The airport data can be received from FSX anyway. If you created manual schedules, you can export them as "operations", again clean the ASCI file and them add them to the operations that come with 5.4a.

• 2 weeks later...

SOLVED. And, as per usual, you were right. I did a search of my entire FSX folder and found 2 traffic.bgl files in an old "Military AI Works" subfolder. I guess the traffic.bgl search function in MyTraffic Communicator only searches the \scenery\world\scenery subfolder? Anyway, I deleted the files and I now have traffic at KSUU. Thanks for your help and thanks again for such a great product. Now I can get started on MyCaptain. I think I'll start with Honolulu :-)