The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
berendt

FSC and Google Earth / flight altitude selection in Google Earth

Hello experts (though I presume this note might - if at all - interest Volker Heine primarily),

I work to my satisfaction with a combination of FSC 9, FS 2004 and Google Earth on a Win 7 machine, and it seems to me that everything announced and discussed about the implementation of Google Earth into the Sim-programmes runs well.

That means, once I have coupled a FS 2004 flight with a Flightplan generated by FSC and Google Earth according to the prescriptions given, during run-time I can always follow the plane along its flight path shown correctly in the corresponding Google Earth map (the displayed airplane logo does not disturb me much).

What I miss (and I have not yet found out whether or not this has already been discussed or even been solved up to now) is the fact that at no stage of the running programme the altitude of the (Google-Earth) observer is coupled to the current altitude of the plane according to the situation running in FS 9: I always and continuously have to select (within Google) manually the altitude from which I want to look at the map in order to connect it to the current altitude of the plane (which, for instance, I can read either from FS 9 or from FSC at any moment).

I should much appreciate having the possibility of viewing in different flight phases the real life scenery (as it exists in Google Earth) for instance like a cockpit view in the right perspective.

If there already exists a solution to the problem, please let me know - otherwise, I should be grateful for hints and links -

Gerhard Berendt.