The simFlight Network Forums

I'm a bit Confused

I purchased MyTRAFFIC X PROFESSIONAL 5.4 (update/discount) back on 11-11-2011, that shows the download file as MyTraffic_X_Professional_54a.zip.

Now I see an brand new update on Simmarket that says it's MyTRAFFIC X PROFESSIONAL 5.4 A

The description says that for $18.37, I can update my version 5.4a Professional to this version 5.4a Professional.

The description also shows a chart that says that this new version has an update for Prepar3D available, yet there is another MyTraffic 5.4a Professional product offered just for Prepar3D.

How is this version 5.4a different from the 5.4a that I purchased back in 11-11-2011? Why is it numbered the same?

Does this mean that my version 5.4a has an update for Prepar3D also somewhere?

If I start using Prepar3D, can I use the version 5.4 that I have? Do I have to upgrade to the new version 5.4a? Do I have to buy the specific MyTraffic Professional for Prepar3D?

I ask because I have already purchased Prepar3D and will soon be switching over whenever I get the addon migrating thing figured out.

I'm sorry, but this has me all confused.

Back in November you purchased version 5.4 and got a link to MyTraffic_X_Professional_54.zip . Last Wednesday this file was

replaced on the server by MyTraffic_X_Professional_54a.zip, so you now will see this in your basket. So either use the incremental update here from the forum to update, or download the new file and install that from scratch. So you got this for free, and the next update in october will be free again for you.

You can use this version also in Pepar3D, but some of the tools will not work there. There is a special update for Prepar3D for 10€ at Simmarket that contains all the stuff changed for P3D. Hope this ends the confusion...