The simFlight Network Forums

Integration problem with Flight1 Mustang

The mustang has an .ini file that allows keyboard mapping to various functions. I placed ctl+G for the TOGA entry, mapped a yoke button to ctl+G in FSUIPC but it fails to work. I am using a specifac profile for the Mustang.

I know this works as I have used the ini file on a previous installation.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks,

The mustang has an .ini file that allows keyboard mapping to various functions. I placed ctl+G for the TOGA entry, mapped a yoke button to ctl+G in FSUIPC but it fails to work. I am using a specifac profile for the Mustang.

I know this works as I have used the ini file on a previous installation.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Assigning keystrokes to buttons in FSUIPC merely allows the buttons to cause Keyboard messages to be sent to Flight Sim. Whether they are picked up by an add-on will then depend on how that add-on detects keypresses. It might be that it hooks into the FS Windows procedure earlier than FSUIPC. Or it might be that is obtains keypresses more directly, from Windows for example. I really couldn't say.

You can enable Keys logging in FSUIPC's logging tab and check that your FSUIPC assignment is sending the cirrect things.

It might well be worethwhile asking over in the support forum for that particular add-on. There is also a thread in the User Contributions subforum here which I think provides commands for the Flight1 Mustang. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/63155-flight1-mustang-commands-upd-15th-mar-2010

Regards

Pete

Well the problem turned out to be a little embarrasing. When I select a keyboard command such as CTL+G, FSUIPC displays "ctl+G". The ini file was looking for "CTRL+G. I was cutt and pasting from the FSUIPC window so it obvioulsy did not work.

Well the problem turned out to be a little embarrasing. When I select a keyboard command such as CTL+G, FSUIPC displays "ctl+G". The ini file was looking for "CTRL+G. I was cutt and pasting from the FSUIPC window so it obvioulsy did not work.

Glad you got it resolved!

Pete