The simFlight Network Forums

Aerosoft's Andras Field

Psybear

Hi Burkhard,

Is MyTrafficX Pro 5.4a aware of EAFS-Andras Field from Aerosoft? Should be mostly GA to a very few smaller regional jets...EMB 135,145, CRJ- 200, 700.

It is of course, a fictional airport..but very real to some of us. :cool:

As ever, best regards,

Psy

I can answer that one... No, MTX isn't going to be aware of Andras Field for exactly the reason you state - it's fictional.As MTX is now based on real-world schedules, none of them will go to Andras.

I'm not on my FS computer at the moment to offer advice as to how it can be added, but there shouldn't be anything stopping it, if you add the airport details and recompile traffic. It would have to be something done on a personal basis, though, I don't think most people would really want fictional traffic going to a fictional airport that they don't have in their FS installation being added to the base package.

I have to admit, I haven't been near Andras for a heck of a long time. I'm not even sure I still have it installed!

Ian P.

Do the following:

If you haven't the traffic toolbox installed from the SDK (the correct SDK to your FSX version), do so. This is required. It also is required that you copy Trafficdatabasebuilder.exe from the SDK folder into the MyTraffic folder.

Start FSX and from the tools menu select dump airport list, dump it to the destination given in the MyTraffic Editor manual

<FSX>\MyTraffic\airports.txt . End FSX.

Now start the MyTraffic Editor, open the 5.4a database MTX_54a.myt, select import airports.txt. Save the database as Mylocal_54a.txt, since it now reflects the actual setup of YOUR local airports. So ecvery airport that you added and that contains at least two parkings and one runway now will be in the database.

Next, run a "Create schedules, files and traffic" - and go to make a walk, go to work, to bed, whatever, since now the fraction of AI traffic that is not based on recorded data will be recalculated for your local setup. Any airport that has more than 3-4 Ramps GA no should awake ro life. I do not know if Andras has them, if not it may be necessary to add them to add a few more.

Thanks Burkhard and Ian,

I do have the Traffic Toolbox installed as well as the Trafficdatabasebuilder.exe.

I'm sure Andras Field has the parking spaces. I will follow the instructions for MTX as posted and reply back when done with any interesting developements.

And I'll link to them from our forum for interested pilots.

In retrospect, it's hard to believe I haven't asked this before...probably because Andras Fied already has some small built in traffic.

Thanks again,

Psy

Rather belated answer, but just to close off my earlier comment, I do still have a (rather out of date, I think) version of Andras Field installed and the traffic is all default models, flying FSX flightplans.

I suppose I should check what version of the scenery is the latest and update now I've discovered that I still have it. ;)

Ian P.