The simFlight Network Forums

Causes FSX to Crash

I am attempting to download and install this module to be able to fly online with an online airline. I installed the FSUIPC4 8.27 onto my computer so that Blue Box will connect with My sim. It does allow me to connect, but my sim crashes after being up for about 40 seconds (wether i am connected to bluebox or not) I have removed the files from the module folder and this fixes the problem so there something going on with the FSUIPC file on my computer. I am running Windows Vista with MS FSX simulator. Any Ideas?

Bucky

I am attempting to download and install this module to be able to fly online with an online airline. I installed the FSUIPC4 8.27 onto my computer so that Blue Box will connect with My sim. It does allow me to connect, but my sim crashes after being up for about 40 seconds (wether i am connected to bluebox or not) I have removed the files from the module folder and this fixes the problem so there something going on with the FSUIPC file on my computer. I am running Windows Vista with MS FSX simulator. Any Ideas?

Without any other inforamtion and no one else with any such problems I cannot really help. can you tell me what the crash actually looks like -- any mesage? Any information about it in the Windows error log? Also check in the Modules folder for the FSUIPC4.LOG file which will show how far it got.

The usual reason for an early crash is a corrupted weather file, (type .WX) being loaded with your default flight. One of the first things FSUIPC does in order to service requests is to read the weather data from SimConnect, and FSX is very poor at checking its files. Try moving the .WX files out of your Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder.

Otherwise I'd need need to have more information.

Pete

this is what the log file says:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.827 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC4 not user registered

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX on Windows Vista

Module base=61000000

655 System time = 18/05/2012 14:03:50

655 FLT path = "C:\Users\Mindy\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

702 Trying to connect to SimConnect Original ...

718 FS path = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

1763 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

1779 WARNING: Failed to install Mouse Macro hooks!

1779 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

1779 Delaying SimConnect connection ...

31840 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

31840 Trying to use SimConnect Original

33322 System time = 18/05/2012 14:04:22

33322 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 4 Allocs, 4 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

There are no warnings, and notheing is started. It boots up the program, runs for about 30 seconds, and all of the windows just close themselves.

this is what the log file says:

Two things there. FSUIPC is not crashing, nor is it causing FSX to crash. FSUIPC is closing BEFORE FSX is crashing -- this part:

33322 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 4 Allocs, 4 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

is only ever output on a normal close.

There are no warnings, and notheing is started. It boots up the program, runs for about 30 seconds, and all of the windows just close themselves.

Yes, because FSX is closing normally, no crash at all. WHY it is doing this is another matter, but I find it highly suspicious that FSUIPC never actually gets connected to SimConnect:

31840 Trying to use SimConnect Original

This surely indicates an FSX installation error -- or are you really trying to use the original buggy release of FSX? If so you should most certainly update with both the SP! and SP2 updates.

Please check the FSUIPC4 Install log, also in the Modules folder. If there are any SimConnect problems they would show in that.

Regards

Pete

Thanks, I am working on it from my end too and just realized there is an sp1 and sp2 and am in the process of installing them. didn't know about the bugs. Perhaps this will help. Thanks