The simFlight Network Forums

Afcads..

dj_ferris

Yes.

If you are editing or using other AFD files then they simply need to be a higher priority (i.e. lower layer number) than the MyTraffic AFD files in your scenery library. FS will load the one with the highest priority and MyTraffic's aircraft will appear at it and use it, provided large enough numbers of appropriate gates/parking spots are added.

All that means is that if you replace all the "GATE_HEAVY" entries at an airport with "RAMP_GA_SMALL" then you'll have problems, but if you add more "GATE_HEAVY" entries, or change buildings, taxiways, whatever, then there'll be no problem.

Just to avoid confusion, by the way, "AFCAD" is Lee Swordy's tool for modifying AFDs, or Airport Facilities Databases, in earlier versions of MSFS. It does not work with FSX AFD files and will cause problems, which is why it is important to differentiate between its use and files and AFDs used in later versions of the sim which need different tools to create/amend them.

Cheers,

Ian P.

I use ADE now too, I think it is very common in usage, and if you want to work on one of the new airports that come with MyTraffic I can give you the souce which contains not only the taxiway network, but also the background.