The simFlight Network Forums

C172 no aircraft.cfg?

Guest Ross

Guest Ross

Hello,

I recently purchased MT3D for use in a tower simulator. I noticed that there is no aircraft.cfg in the C172 folder. Does the package not come with a C172 model, or did I not install something correctly?

Thanks.

-Ross

Guest Ross

Is there a reason why it doesn't come with a C172? It seems odd to me that an AI aircraft package that includes GA does not have a C172. Was it left out because it's based on an FSX product, and FSX has a default C172? If so, it sure seems like the P3D version should include a C172 because P3D does not.

Making an Ai aircraft model in GMAX takes between 200 and 400 hours of work. The sales numbers of any P3D addon do not justify such an investment if it is not needed for FSX too. For FSX a Cessna model is somewhere on the list to improve the frame rate.

Since most users of P3D do also have FSX installed, it is easy for them to copy the additional aircraft folders over...

Guest Ross

Makes sense, thanks for the response. I'm using P3D for a commercial ATC training simulator so I cannot use FSX content. I guess I'll have to look elsewhere to fill out the GA models. I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have for commercially-licensed GA aircraft models. Thanks again.

-Ross