The simFlight Network Forums

Fatal Error

Guest Aeropole

Guest Aeropole

Dear Burkhard,

I bought Mytraffic5.aPro for PREPAR3D yesterday. The installation went fine. No problem at all.

I launched the sim and tried to access to world/scenery library and I got a fatal error.

Few times more. No access at all.

I checked the prepar3d.cfg, everything is ok like mentionned in few topics on that forum.

C:\Users\(user name here)\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best regards

• 1 year later...

Please supply more Information when exactly what happens.

To get P3D operationa again, please rename the MyTraffic folder to MyTraffic1, you should get one message during sratup, please tell us if it operates properly now, then we can continue.

I have been working 10 hours straight trying to get this software working with no luck. I have tried everything suggested with no luck. I have even uninstalled P3D and My Traffic twice and reinstalled with no luck. I believe I may have isolated the problem based upon the checklist but now I get a fatal error message when I try to add my traffic to my scenery. I have renamed the folder My Traffic to My Traffic 1 and I still get the same fatal error message and that windows is trying to find a solution. I am so disgusted at this point I'm about to give up. I don't understand why addons are so difficult to add. I never have these problems with the software programs. Please help

Also when I tried the communicator to locate trafficbgl files I get the message Windows cannot find 'Traffic_schedules.txt'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. There is nowhere to type any names you can only select the search selection under Manage Prepar3d settings

This message can indicate that you do not have sufficient rights to create files, prohibited either by UAC (user access control) or the file system rights. This cannot explain the crashes that you experience - in most cases it is a fourth party addon that has Problems with the sheer amount of traffic that comes with MyTraffic.  

I found my answer elsewhere. After loading Prepar3d as administrator and starting as administrator for first time everything ran fine until I tried to load MyTraffic. Then when I would start Prepar3d and go to scenery I would get the fatal error. I found on the Prepar3d forum the solution.

To start the sim go to to D:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\prepar3d.exe
and right click Run as administrator
(the fact that you account is set as administrator has nothing to do with it)
For your convenience: make a shortcut to this file and set the Compatibility Privilege Level checked (Properties of the shortcut)

Or you can use the old Prepar3d shortcut if you set the compatability Privelege level checked.

Once I did this I was able to add MyTraffic to the scenery folder and begin enjoying MyTraffic.

I haven't flown anything yet. I'm sitting at the Honolulu International airport at the end of the runway enjoying all the new aircraft. AWESOME!

Yes, this is a Windows problem with the newer versions. An "Administrator" account is no longer the ultimate power on the PC - even an "Administrator" level account has to run things "as Administrator" to ensure they are installed correctly. It's utterly ridiculous, but that's the way MS have programmed it!

Ian P.

• 4 months later...