The simFlight Network Forums

I know, I know...still no AI though!

rockliffe

I've been banging my head against a brick wall for over a week now and still I have got nowhere. At first I thought having 0 AI GA traffic was specific to Orbx sceneries, but alas it is global. I have airliners but no GA at any airfields... well, that's not exactly true, if I'm lucky I may see a single GA taxiing, during flying between several airports. I see plenty of static traffic but virtually no AI, taxiing or flying and this is with the traffic slider set at 40%. In fact with the slider set at 100% it still makes no difference. I have reinstalled MTX pro with the latest update 5.4a but still with no success. I have run the bgl finder but cannot find any problems, see attached pic. I would be very, very grateful for some help as not having any traffic around makes FSX a very boring place. Many thanks...

406Capture.png

For starters you need to get rid of all of those traffic files in X:\FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery

As a test rename all of them with a .passive at the end "Traffic_Warnervale.bgl.passive" then fire up FSX and see how it looks. You can leave TrafficBoats.bgl as it is, no need to rename it. Except for the MTX traffic bgl's all the other stuff seems to be library bgl's, but is you still have problems rename them to .passive one at a time and see what happens.

Those traffic files in scenery/world/scenery all look like Orbx files, which ARE native FSX format.

It's still worth temporarily renaming them as a test, but all the ones I have work perfectly alongside MyTrafficX.

Silly question, but have you checked that the entry is in fsx.cfg to actually allow FSX to see the MTX aircraft?

Ian P.

Those traffic files in scenery/world/scenery all look like Orbx files, which ARE native FSX format.

It's still worth temporarily renaming them as a test, but all the ones I have work perfectly alongside MyTrafficX.

Silly question, but have you checked that the entry is in fsx.cfg to actually allow FSX to see the MTX aircraft?

Ian P.

Well sure Ian, they ain't going to be anything else I guess. If they were, then everyone would be complaining!! As a matter of interest I also have no AI when I remove the passive extension from the default scenery traffic. This seems to suggest that it is some FSX problem and not particulalry MTX related. This is a real pain in the proverbial backside, as I have had this issue on and off many times over the past twelve months. Occasionally a reinstall has worked before, but this time I cannot get my GA AI to work, no matter what. What entry in the cfg are you referring to Ian?

The entry I was referring to is under the "Main" section and will be "SimObjectPaths.6=MyTraffic\Aircraft" or equivalent, possibly with a different number after the SimObjectPaths text.

That won't help, though, if reverting to the original AI files doesn't allow any GA traffic to show, either. Does airliner traffic show up, or is that all missing too?

If both are missing then it does sound like there's an FS8/9 format AI file in your installation somewhere, which is why I still agree with idahosur that it's worth trying to disable all the traffic files (just temporarily cut and paste them to somewhere else outside the FS file structure if you don't want to rename them all) and seeing what happens then. While Orbx do develop their AI files using FSX SDK tools and techniques, are they definitely all Orbx, or could someone else's file have got in as well, with a similar filename? I don't know the filenames of all Orbx's traffic files as I don't have most of their scenery.

Also, are you always testing in the same area, or have you tried going somewhere like Central Africa, South America or Eastern Europe and trying there?

Cheers,

Ian P.

Hi Ian, sure the cfg entry is fine, I checked that earlier. Sure, I have tried in different areas, with the same result. I will follow your suggestion and disable ALL the traffic that is found by the bgl traffic finder... I'll let you know the outcome...

Let me jump in.

Summerize:

You see airliner traffic, so MyTraffic is working.

You see GA traffic on ground, maybe you can make a screen shot that we see that this really is the MyTraffic GA traffic,

You have FSX and not P3D?

Check FSX.cfg, you have IFR_ONLY=0 and not another value there?

You have IFR traffic check box checked?

You have both traffic sliders high up?

You have given the GA traffic time to initiate?

In MyTraffic, the turnaround times of GA aircraft are far larger than airliners. So like in real life, if you come to a GA airport which has 15 aircraft parked it is not likely you will have a departure just the first 15 minutes you are there, but each of the 15 aircraft will departure within the next 24 hours.

FSX sets landing AI aircraft most of the times at the boundaries of the reality box. A GA aircraft needs about one hour from there to its center, an airliner does it in 15 minutes. So my advice would be to just give it the time to initiate, do your own checklists, and depart and the AI traffic will set in.

FSX AI traffic does not begin extremely crowded like FS9 traffic did, it sets in very smooth, so maybe all is working perfect at your site and just your expection is different to what FSX offers you.

Mmm, thanks for the help Burkhard. I really don't get it... I mean, not so long ago I'd have to wait for TO behind two or three aircraft, on a busy weekend in summer at Gatwick, this was with AI sliders set at 30. Now I have the slider set at 40% and over a period of 20 minutes sat at the gate at Gatwick, I have not witnessed a single aircraft depart or land! EDIT: I have just seen an A320. Also, I have heard virtually no ATC either?

You have IFR traffic check box checked? What check box are you referring to?

Ah, I understood from your post that airliners traffic was working fine and you do not see any GA traffic active, but parked. If this is not the case, then please descibe what you see more in detail.

Choose an airport. With a detailed AI setting you tell us ( ground vehicles, frame delimiter, ..., all this is very important for comparison), tell us how many aircraft you see parked, how many depart within 60 minutes, how many land, then we can compare.

As example, setting the ground vehicles to a medium value can have the effect that only one fuel truck is left for a large airfield - if this has to go out to a remote cargo position first you will not see an airliner depart the first 30 minutes...

Ah, I understood from your post that airliners traffic was working fine and you do not see any GA traffic active, but parked. If this is not the case, then please descibe what you see more in detail.

Choose an airport. With a detailed AI setting you tell us ( ground vehicles, frame delimiter, ..., all this is very important for comparison), tell us how many aircraft you see parked, how many depart within 60 minutes, how many land, then we can compare.

As example, setting the ground vehicles to a medium value can have the effect that only one fuel truck is left for a large airfield - if this has to go out to a remote cargo position first you will not see an airliner depart the first 30 minutes...

Hi Burkhard, I have ground vehicles set at zero, as I understand this is correct, yes?