The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Flybye

GPS Window Size in 9.2

Hi

Can you tell me if the size of the GPS window has beem enlarged or is enlargable in the new version 9.2?

Everyone I know who uses FSC complains of the small size of the window. I don't think being able to change the colours of the text will help.

Regards

Hi

Can you tell me if the size of the GPS window has beem enlarged or is enlargable in the new version 9.2?

Everyone I know who uses FSC complains of the small size of the window. I don't think being able to change the colours of the text will help.

Regards

I posted the same question a while ago and got that same response. They cram so much info into that tiny window and don't give the option to enlarge the window Makes that thing almost worthless...

Hi anonymous,

first I must say it is very shabby to say "that thing is almost worthless". There are thousands of copies being sold of FSC, but only 5 people inlcuding you were asking about a resizable window in this forum (counted that back to 2008), but only you call it worthless. ;)

On the other hand what would you like to have?

No informations are hidden, no need to scroll within a window. So just resizing the windows doesn't make sense, because there are no additional details shown. So, bigger fonts?

On the other hand, you should be aware that many users use FSC on the same computer as FSX and do not want their FSX window being cluttered with other windows.

So what do you really want?

Hi anonymous,

first I must say it is very shabby to say "that thing is almost worthless". There are thousands of copies being sold of FSC, but only 5 people inlcuding you were asking about a resizable window in this forum (counted that back to 2008), but only you call it worthless. ;)

On the other hand what would you like to have?

No informations are hidden, no need to scroll within a window. So just resizing the windows doesn't make sense, because there are no additional details shown. So, bigger fonts?

On the other hand, you should be aware that many users use FSC on the same computer as FSX and do not want their FSX window being cluttered with other windows.

So what do you really want?

Well I use it on a seperate PC and do not have that screen shoved in my face. I can glance over at the map but to look at the information in that "little" window it takes my attention away from flying which makes it "a virtually worthless option" (to me). You can't attack my opinion of a piece of software and reference the "thousands" of other users as I don't speak for them, I only speak for myself.

Don't justify the functionality of an option by stating that others aren't complaining about it. If "5" people from different regions have concerns about the same issue then obviously there is an issue. It's not as if we collaborated on the problem.

So you ask "So what do you really want?". I would like for the customer to be respected when there is a concern. If the motto of FS Commander is "don't share your concerns unless thousands of others have the same issue" then you should prominently display that so you can be grouped with the other arrogant & obnoxious developers with the "take it or leave it" attitude.

If you're the type to get defensive when a concern is brought up then stay off the forums, the forums are here for issues to be brought up.

Sorry, but you missed the point:

If let's say 30000 copies of FSC have been sold and 10 people (0,03%) don't like a function or design, nobody will completely redesign a software, as long as it is not a major bug or major feature. You can not fir everybodies needs.

Buit you´re still complaining instead of making some usefull and constructive suggestions.

Then we're both missing the point because I thought the whole topic here was about suggesting making the GPS Window bigger/larger. Pretty interesting, you call a suggestion a complaint.

Do you have to receive 30,000 suggestions (or in your case, complaints) on the same topic before it becomes vaild?

You don't have to defend your position anymore, I understand you. I won't comment anymore either, let's leave it as is. Take it or leave it, right???

Hi everyboddy,

excuse my bad english... I´d like to have a resizable GPS Window too.

And I think, most of the FSC-users were happy to have it resizable. But why should they all make a request ?

A few should be enough let Volker think about this.

Kind Regards

Michael

Hi to all users

in the winter of last year, Sascha and I discussed about a new GPS screen. At that time we have both, NOT taken a decision.

I'll think about it, whether by the end of this year, a new GPS-window can be developed.

Regards,

Volker