The simFlight Network Forums

South African Airways

purchased 5.4 and live, today, and no problem installing, only criticism how real are the schedules, reason why I ask, parked on grass @ active runway for departures at EGLL, and I have not seen SAA or Virgin flights, can anyone tell me why, and if I can make any changes to show them!

Thanks

Kalibra

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parking on grass typically means that your scenery library order should be looked at. Put MyTraffic below addon_scenery, that should fix it on any addon airport, if not tell us what exactly you have installed and we can see.

Last week one user observed that the live data at Heathrow were incomplete, and today I got a message from AirNav about problems with the RadarBox server. By the way Flightaware last week also only showed planned, not real flights, but you do not see this so easily...

In order to be registered, the aircraft must use an ADS-B http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_dependent_surveillance-broadcast device. This is not mandatory device, so may be switched off, an aircraft may fly with or without...

But this morning I downloaded the data for another check and found

A332-SAA1 ,ZS-SXW ,65 ,ONE_DAY ,IFR

{

0831,EGLL,320, 9234

2031,FAJS,320, 9235

}

A346-VIR1 ,G-VRED ,17 ,ONE_DAY ,IFR

{

0320,EGLL,390, 103

1520,KJFK,390, 104

}

A346-VIR1 ,G-VELD ,47 ,ONE_DAY ,IFR

{

1119,KIAD,320, 212

2319,EGLL,320, 213

}

so there are as well Virgin as SAA flights in the AirNav live schedules,.

SAA Should be included in the MyTraffic Live because i used to have FSLive traffic (which are similar products) and SAA was included, I know for a Fact that All SAA Aircraft (A319/A320/A332/A342/A343/A346/B738/B744) are ADS-B equipped exept for one of the A340-200's (ZS-SLF i think) so there should not be any reason why its not working, one thing I did notice however, was that the traffic volumes using the live feature were VERY low in Southern Africa, i suspect that it was because the coverage on radarbox is not that good and mabye the Aicraft are not beeing picked up on the AirNav servers...

Hi

Thanks for the information,

fully agree with coverage in southern Africa :)

About EGLL still not seeing SAA and Virgin.

I have all options for aircraft set at 100%, with no loss of performance on PC, so I should see all aircraft,

What I have noticed as a ratio I have more BMI flights then even BA departing Heathrow,

any idea why?

In this moment there are two rada boxes active in Africa, one near FAJS and one in the canaries.

There is one in London, which is placed near to Luton as far as I can judge. It covers all flights which pass London in the northern half, but often the range is not sufficient for Gatwick and flights that come into Heathrow from south.

Currently one South African aircraft is received: SAA535 an A320 with registration ZS-SZY that flies FAJS - Durban.

I attach a map of the reports from the radar box during the last 15 minutes.

post-108-0-48591300-1338878213.jpg

Hi.

Thank you.

If server is based in Zluton, I agree unlikely it will pick up all traffic arriving via BIG or OCK, and likewise traffic departing MID MAY SAM and maybe even DVR, so south of EGLL, it can be luck if you see SAA as they never arrive viam LAM or BNN.

If I do see SAA I will let you know :)

Thanks.

It should be in MyTraffic, at least I remember I saw the A346 in FRA. So if you open the database in the editor, edit South African Airlines, uncheck the UT2 check box, run a "create all files and traffic" with "No UT2/FSlive airlines checked", you should see them.

I run the Air Nav programs here, and in these data I see the SAA A332 should leave London in 5 minutes.

Misread, should just have left for London.

And here the data from the Air Nav server:

A332-SAA1 ,ZS-SXW ,62 ,ONE_DAY ,IFR

{

0831,EGLL,320, 9234

2031,FAJS,320, 9235

}

The Airbus A330-200 departs for London at 8:31 GMT, at 62% traffic setting or above. This indicates the last time this flight gave us a few bits was yesterday evening, so most likely when the aircraft departed or maybe was recorded over Southern Europe, since then no bit was received.

I'm aware these data are much poorer than I wish, but they are the only life data available.

To illustrate this, we just had the first service flight of the LH B747-8I to KIAD. The flight tracking sites first showed this aircraft as an A333, then suddenly this changed to a non existing code 748I, so somebody must have entered it by hand. And better the flight back - it was reported to be from St. Johns to FRA, and tracked as that, because the day before the 744 had a medical diversion on that flight to St. Johns - the so called tracking sites like Flightaware or Flightstats or radar24 are not based on real life data outside the FAA coverage, but on what the airlines want to be published, which means the planned course unless the airline that pays these sites wants to announce a delay or cancelation. Sorry for that. We contacted Eurocontrol and others who have better data, but they did not allow to use them.

Listed below are the A346 SAA flights to UK (from MyTraffic)

AC#635,ZS-SNB,69%,24Hr,IFR,10:13,20:14,350,F,0006,EGLL,21:11,07:12,350,F,0006,FAJS

AC#635,ZS-SND,55%,24Hr,IFR,06:03,17:00,350,F,0678,EGCC,17:51,04:48,350,F,0678,FACT

AC#635,ZS-SNB,69%,24Hr,IFR,04:36,14:53,350,F,0054,FAJS,17:23,03:40,350,F,0054,EGCC

AC#635,ZS-SNI,18%,24Hr,IFR,08:53,18:54,320,F,0235,FAJS,20:53,06:54,320,F,0234,EGLL

AC#635,ZS-SNF,42%,24Hr,IFR,04:29,14:39,350,F,0516,FAJS,17:24,03:34,350,F,0516,EGBB

Dave Butler

Burkhard.

I now have another problem, I went to try and run MY Traffic Live, and when I clicked on the button to update, I got a message saying my email address is not recognised by AirNav, I have taken a screen shot and happy to send it to you. I use the same email address when I bought the subscription service,

can you help me?

Dave.

Thanks for the info, That is interesting, as i am South Africa, and the only airport SAA on a schedule timetable fly into is EGLL,

So to see flights EGBB Birmingham and EGCC Manchester is cool, I have always when speaking to my friends at SAA asked the

question why only EGLL, and not other international airports in UK, and all they did is smile :) like that...

Can you give me the path of where I can locate this information please, i.e. which folder within my traffic will I find it.

I am new to all of this as you probably can tell, lol lol.

Thanks once again

I dont think there is much you can do about SAA, comair, 1time or any of the airlines in Southern Africa because of the poor covereage, this will show in FS because i can gaurentee you that there is alot more then 1 SAA A320 flying to durban at that time, another problem i guess is the old equipment often used through Africa (737-200/727/707's) alot of the aircraft are not ADS-B equipped...

Hi1pie.

I agree Southern Africa is sparse when it comes to traffic. Hopefully in time the coverage will improve.

My topic was about traffic into and out of EGLL specifically SAA and Virgin. Today now I am parked at

EGKK time 19.47Z, and there are no more than 12 aircraft on the apron, which is very little for this time of day.

Can someone tell me this is happening!

Perhaps the largest coverage is for USA airports, and Europe is hit and miss?

I have just had a cathy pacific land ?? and I have a Whizz parked on the apron???

To be clear I am a newbie to Traffic live, and these are not critisms but genuine requests to understand what I need to do, to have replicated aircraft on airfields as I expect to see

Many thanks