The simFlight Network Forums

new registered aircraft not appearing on MyTrafficInteractive

Hi,

I am new to My Traffic X 5.4 but I have been using it for 2-3 weeks now and I have gone through all the manuals. I added a B1900 aircraft with my own paint and followed the editor manual, registered it and even scheduled it, compiled everything as per manual. Other aircrafts do appear but this doesnt appear in FSX. I cannot see it in MyTrafficInteractive and when I open the MyPlanes.dat file it is not there either. I have searched a lot for the answers but to no avail. Could you please help me with this and I do apologize if it has been answered somewhere.

Thank You

My Bad. I scrolled to the bottom of the MyPlanes.dat and the aircraft was there and it also appeared in MyTrafficInteractive somehow. Now the new problem is, when I try to place this new aircraft using myinteractive, I get an error in the status bar that says: "Object error, does it exist?". Could you please help me with this.

Kind Regards

Edited by wolfhammer

This error typically means that the entry for title= in the aircraft.cfg is not identical to the entry that you have in MyAircraft.dat, which also would explain why you do not see it scheduled. So double check these entries are identical and not different, an additional blank character as example can make strings different.

Thank you very much Burkhard. However "title=" was not the problem beacuse I double check these likely errors. I used another aircraft, painted a new texture and used it in MTX and everything worked. I think there is something wrong with the B1900 series as I couldn't get any to show.

One more issue which I wanted to ask is: When we upgrade certain remote airports using Airport Design Editor (those that do not have parking areas/gates) with some parking ramps and gates complie it as BR2_xxx.bgl, dump the airport list from fsx and import and export it from MTX editor; and schedule an aircraft to fly there somehow the airplanes do not show. When I look at the departure in the Info menu it is there but I have never been able to spot the airplanes. Could you please help me with this.

Thank you again for the help.

Thank you Burkhard for the help. Unfortunately I have checked all those issues and I have sufficient admn rights. The modified airport is there in fsx with all its modified parking slots but the AI aircraft is nowhere to be seen. I used the same aircraft for an unmodified airport and it works fine. What am I doing wrong? Do we need flight plans for new airport ? Is there something that I need to do with ADE Or am I missing something else?

Cheers.

What are the properties of the new airport in the MyTraffic editor after you importet airports.txt as descibed in the manual? Does the editor show the schedules. Did you run a full "Create schedules, files and traffic" after you imported and checked the airport? What is the entry for this airport in MyAirports.dat? Did you verify the airport is able to handle AI traffic? If you want me to help I need much more information than you gave me.

Thank you again Burkhanrd and I think I have solved the problem this time. When you said "Did you verify the airport is able to handle AI aircraft ?" I suddenly realized that in ADE I had mistakenly kept only GATES and no RAMPS for aircrafts that were supposed to use RAMPS. I recomiled the airports after correcting them and all worked well (except for occassional disapperance of AI aircrafts that are about to land/takeoff ???!!!! zapped probably :mrgreen:).

Cheers and Thanks again

The later indicates that now the work to really bring the airport to work has started. Use the fault finder, and then start to optimze the layout for what you want it to do, You are on your way, 5% of the work done. From having it in principle it takes me 20-50 hours to really get it worling as I wish.