The simFlight Network Forums

Re-assign a Keyboard Wheel ?

Hi Pete

I have been using a iNav Tilt Wheel on my keyboard (Logitech LX700) for some time as a elevator trim control. When setup within FSX - Options - Controls, to set the nose down trim I rotate the wheel forward and Num 8 appears in the key press window and setting trim up I rotate the when backwards and Num 2 appears. So it seems Logitech have programmed this wheel to use the up/down cursor keys, this has worked perfectly well for a few years.

I have recently bought the camera package EZdok and unfortunately this also uses the Cursor keys or Num 8 and 2 (which I think are the same) so I can no longer use the wheel for trim. I have posted a question on the Logitech forum to see if I can re-program this wheel to use another key combination but after several days no reply.

The other option is, can I use FSUIPC to do this, if so can you point me in the right direction please. I would use the 'Mouse Wheel' from FSUIPC options, but I use this for rotating controls like Heading, Course, Radio Freq's etc on the aircrafts panel.

Thanks Glen

I have been using a iNav Tilt Wheel on my keyboard (Logitech LX700) for some time as a elevator trim control. When setup within FSX - Options - Controls, to set the nose down trim I rotate the wheel forward and Num 8 appears in the key press window and setting trim up I rotate the when backwards and Num 2 appears. So it seems Logitech have programmed this wheel to use the up/down cursor keys, this has worked perfectly well for a few years.

Are they the same whether num lock is on or off?

I have recently bought the camera package EZdok and unfortunately this also uses the Cursor keys or Num 8 and 2 (which I think are the same) so I can no longer use the wheel for trim.

As Andy says, EZdok key usage can be reassigned. I have done so here.

The other option is, can I use FSUIPC to do this, if so can you point me in the right direction please.

If the wheel inputs look like standard keypresses and cannot be changed, then FSUIPC can no more distinguish them than can FS. Your best bet is most certainly to change the EZdok settings instead.

Regards

Pete

Pete, Andy

I found the Cursor Arrow keys very easy to remember when positioning the Camera in EZdok, so didn't really want to re-program the camera directional keys elsewhere.

When I finally got my brain out of reverse gear, I realised I had a spare hat switch on my controller (Saitek X52) on the throttle, so I have programmed the EZdok camera to work there, leaving Num 2 and 8 free for the wheel trim :oops:

Thanks for the kick up the backside :smile:

Glen

• Upvote 1