The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fredfox

NOT working

hi all just got this today all installed and running, myCaptain will not start every time i click it, up pop's a window saying that this program has stopped working windows is looking for a fix or something like that.

all the other programs with my captain work?

i would rather not do a fresh install as this may lead to other problems.

FSX SP2

Operating System

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU

Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz 50 °C

Bloomfield 45nm Technology

RAM

12.0 GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (7-7-7-20) Motherboard

CLEVO CO. D900F (1366-pin LGA) 50 °C

Graphics

Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1200@60Hz)

2047MB GeForce GTX 480M (CLEVO/KAPOK Computer) 41 °C

Hard Drives

733GB Seagate ST750LX003-1AC154 (RAID) 47 °C

244GB Seagate ST9250410AS (SATA) 45 °C

244GB Seagate ST9250410AS (SATA) 32 °C

Optical Drives

Optiarc BD RW BD-5730S

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

others

trakerIR 5

Hotas warthog

pro flight

yoke

switcher

rudder

2nd monitor= 46" 3D panasonic or 22"

iPad 2 i use with some other flight sims as a 3rd screen

i know its only a laptop but my windows score, lowest is 6.9 graphics & 3D, and have not had a program uptill now that would not run on it in the last 5 years i have had this laptop

Does MyHarbour start as first try? Ans MyTraffic Interactive as second try. If they both also do not start we have to look for the dll to be installed. Which version of FSX are you using? All these three programs require Service Pack 2 or Acceleration.

Reading again you have SP2, so that should be fine. Please test the two others.

Second question is if you have FULL control over the MyTraffic folder and all sub folders. can you create a file there without windows asking if you really want to do so?

MyCaptain Simconnect client also does not works for me. The program just quits every time after I click it and a popup window saying the program has stopped to work, then Windows will try to find out a solution for this problem. I have full control over the main "MyTraffic" folder. Operating system is Windows 7 64-bit SP1. However MyHarbourX is working and is able to connect to FSX. I have FSX + Acceleration installed. What could be the problem?

One of the reasons it can fail is that it cannot read the input files it is supposed to read. I can try to make a special version that catches such cases and drops a message, maybe this helps.

Please try the exe I attach in the same folder, if this fives you a message. Also please try if a simple double clci to the exe instead of calling it from the start menu helps.

MyCaptain.zip

I tried with this attached file but when I click on the MyCaptain.exe file the error messages are displayed "Failed to read MyBoatTerminals.dat" and "Failed to read MyBoatRoutes.dat". After that an error message saying "MyCaptain has stopped to work" (translated from a Swedish Windows 7 64-bit operating system). How to get further with this issue?

Edited by casv

The two files MyBoatTerminals.dat and MyBoatRoutes.dat do exist in that folder? Can you open them with notepad as example?

I currently see three options:

• the files don't exist there
  • the files are locked by another application
  • thje program tries to read them elsewhere.

These 2 files are in the folder "MyCaptain" and I am able to open and read both the files. They are not locked by another program so far what I can see. Any other ideas what could be the problem?

Did you try by double clicking to MyCaptain in the MyCapatain Folder instead of using the start menu? We get an error message while trying to read these files. Another idea would be that you make a copy of these files in the MyTraffic main folder and try again.

Yes I did, started your special made program that you attached in here. And also tried to start in MyTraffic main folder (MyCaptain, and these 2 dat files). Same error messages persists.

Have to think more. What is your language setting of your computer? What is the decimal seperator, "." or a ","?

I am using of Swedish keyboard and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Swedish edition. Sorry what do you mean about decimal separator?

This may be the reason. FSX SDK requires the format one point five. If you go to the control panel, Region and Language, more settings, the opmost sign is the decimal seperator. If you select this to be a point, does MyCaptain run then? It files contain all the coordinates in the format 123.34567 . If this were he case, I maybe have an idea how to program for support of this.

You are right, by changing to one point five format in the Region and Language settings I was able to start the MyCaptain program :-)

However MyCaptain seems to have opacity enabled? Seems to be 60% opacity.

Yes, that is intended to be able to have it in front of scene and still see a bit...

I will try if I can create a version that can run with comma settings too, a bit tricky but now we have identified the problem, so can start to fix.