The simFlight Network Forums
benjoglove

Departure gate issue with fsx and fs commander

Hi, I am running FSX with FSUIPC Ver 4.761 Aerosoft FS Commander 9.1.0.1 with FSX Windows 7 64 bit Client PC Windows XP 32 bit.

Just wondering if someone can help me. I am having trouble with fsx getting my departure gate from fs commander. I create a flight plan and open the way point window, select the box under "OK" button, select departure gate 23 from ymml then save. I open the flight planner in fsx click load, open the saved flight plan from fs commander. It defaults me back to runway 16 every time. Any ideas on how I can fix this. Have read the manual, forum, internet as best I could before posting, so I am a bit stuck!

Also because I am new, in the same deaprture screen can I choose which taxi ways to depart from once everything else is fixed?

Cheers in advance.

Hi VolkerHeine,

Thanks for the reply.

This is what I do so please tell me if I need to do something else.

I create a flight plan with all of my SID/STARS. Enter in a departure gate which I see in red from YMML airport list. Save the flight plan. Open FSX, click on flight planner, load, then find the saved .pln from FS Commander (***This shows default runway not gate in flight planner). Press okay, plane then goes onto runway. Then start "Connect FS" with no change.

I have tried to connect FS before hand but disconnects due to not finding GPS data in FSX??

Any ideas/Suggestions?

Regards

Benjo

Hi Benjo,

Did you read here: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/71602-important-information-on-registration-installation-and-use-of-fscommander/

the following document: http://forum.simflight.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=98768 .

Have you followed the instructions regarding the WIN 7 installation?

Are you sure that you have read the current manual?

When you write, "Then start" Connect FS "with no change," what message will appear on the screen?

Volker

Hi Volker,

When I click "Connect FS" under the GPS menu I get my small GPS screen come up.. I can fly and it follows the desired heading with the flight plan that I created. Just cant get it to start at the gate appears to be the only problem I am having. I followed the instructions when installing and is in my C:/ and admin rules so not sure what the issue is. Is the a correct way of "Connect FS" i.e. should it start before the plane is on the runway?

Cheers again, appreciate your help!

Benjoglove

Further to last, I have attached the flight plan that I saved. I added a gate at departure airport YMML using "windows" - "Select Parking and Taxi ways". Added a gate, could see that gate in red at YMML. Save and open flight plan but as you can departure says RWY16.

jFSC_Page_1.jpg

FSC_Page_2.jpg

A suggestion. Press the button to select the departure gate, select gate, press button again to close the gate window and then save the flight plan.

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply, which button is that one the "Select Parking and Taxi ways" from the menu or the one from the flightplanner menu under "Ok" and above the undock keys?

Thanks

Benjo

No. The button on the flight plan under OK that you use to select the starting spot. I've never tried the menu item. It might work.BUT after selecting your gate be sure to close the window before saving the flight plan.

Hi Tom,

Thanks Tom, you've explained it on your way.

Hi Benjo,

I was hoping that you have read in the manual the page 38. There you can find the following information:

Important: The selection of a departure position (runway or parking) has no effect whatsoever

within FlightSim Commander. However, Flight Simulator requires a departure position in its flight

plan format. Therefore, if you intend to save a flight plan to be loaded again in Flight Simulator,

you should use a proper departure position which determines where your aircraft is to be

positioned. In all other cases you may ignore this step.

Volker