The simFlight Network Forums

Updated Liveries

drnex

Hello,

I am thinking of buying my traffic x because I have heard good things but I have a couple questions. I am curious to know whether you update your product with new liveries, e.g. Delta / NWA merger and UAL/COA merger and new merger colors (although old UA tulip was much nicer IMO), new Air France colors, etc. to be honest this is the thing that has kept me from buying other traffic programs because I don't want to have to download and integrate models myself.

Another question is does my traffic x simulate actual routes or just random routes? Actual routes are not so important for me but how is the traffic at airports populated?

Thanks!

MyTraffic X is updated twice a year, typically in April and October. There always are two free incremental updates, then a bigger full installer that has to be purchased for a highly rebated price.

I try to be up to date with the included paints, the elder once still come with it and can be used with the time machine. Yes the big US mergers have been painted, and many other new liveries too, but of course I will have overlooked some and here now need user feedback to add it to one of the next versions.

The more than 800 000 flights inside of MyTraffic come from various origins. I use real world data from a varity of sources to calculate a set of routes that comes as near as possible to reality. For some airports, these already fills them to their capacity limit, which is calculated from the number of parkings and runways, sort of parkings etc. This applies to the major airports mainly. For other airports, and parts of the world where there is no flight tracking available or allowed, and for the military and GA traffic, an advanced random mechanism is used to fill the traffic, placing the airlines and air units at their home bases. The random airliner and air cargo flights in version 5.4a as example are only for settings of the traffic density above 50% - so you as user can opt if you want more strict real world only or allow for a bit of random - this decision may be different if you fly in a well covered area like the US or Europe or in less developed area.

Thank you for your response. I'm very impressed with the support you give your product, and have decided to purchase it. Keep the updates coming! Any tips for getting it to work well with FSInn for occasional online flying?

I really like it so far. I had a hickup with planes in the bay area but I discovered a BGL file so I just changed it to passive. I am very happy with the range of textures and airplanes. It really makes the world come alive. No luck getting it to work with FSInn yet though. :sad:

Edited by drnex

All I know is that online flying in principle switches off any AI traffic, since the same space and routines is used to show your partners instead of AI, but I do not know if this is really true or there are works around this by the online community.

Yes, MTM stands for MyTraffic Time machine. Users who do not use pre 2010 schedules often do no want models to be installed that are never used, since the startup time of FSX is directly propotional to the number of aircraft.