The simFlight Network Forums

Dave's VC10 Paint Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Skippy

The remaining VC10 paints will be completed shortly. Before the end of January - promise.

My painting production output is a bit slow at the moment - still in the process of setting up a Prepar3D multi-PC "cockpit" setup. I really didn't realize just how much work it would be to set up a 7-computer system which works primarily on P3D with two machines linked to it using FSX. Every addon, utility, patch and tweak has to be installed multiple times and often customized for each particular machine.

However, it will be back to paining once it is all done.

And then to make a start on MyCaptain... :cool:

By the way, Burkhard, Mytraffic works beautifully when using Luciano Napolitano's wideview and widetraffic even across a mixed FSX/P3D multi-computer setup.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Burkhard

It's coming along nicely, I see.

I notice that Comet4C_t.bmp in the folder texture.blank is a single-layered file. Do you have this file split into layers or do I make my own paint kit?

Take your time with the remainder - I have a couple of oldie SAA repaints I still want to do before getting stuck into the comet.

Burkhard, I think you have misunderstood my question. I am not referring to the DXT1 file in the texture.my00 (also called Comet4C_t.bmp)

In the texture.blank folder, you have a single 32-bit BMP file (not a DXT1 file) called Comet4C_t.bmp. This is a single layered file in the sense that the Tail logo, the BEA Logo, the Stripe and the windows are all on one layer and not separated.

Obviously when you first worked with this picture you must have had at least an image with the windows alone, or more likely separated from the other items via layers in your original Photoshop file.

In previous "paint kits" you have always had the windows separate - very often your paint kit would consist of the model outlines and just the windows and nothing else.

This one is different.

However, don't worry - I will extract the windows-only details from your composite file and make my own paint kit. Rather spend your time making a great model :razz:

Great, thanks for the model and blank texture. At first glance, all looks fine.

I see that you have listed 12 variants in the .CFG file.

I will take on these 12 liveries as my next project - just as soon as I complete two oldie SAA repaints which will be uploaded shortly.

How much time do I have before your MyTraffic 5.5 deadline?

I want to start the beta first half of march, but am late myself since I follow an idea that is maybe above what I get done until than...

I can also send you the paints that belong to the folder - these are basically the old ones in MyTraffic sind half a decade. So you are free to look which paints you want to make - for those in the list a fast and easy solution exists, but not a beauty one :lol:

I will try to complete all 12 Comets by then. (I said "try" not "promise" :mrgreen: )

I can also send you the paints that belong to the folder - these are basically the old ones in MyTraffic sind half a decade. So you are free to look which paints you want to make - for those in the list a fast and easy solution exists, but not a beauty one :lol:

Es tut mir leid, Burkhard, aber ich verstehe dieser commentar nicht ganz.

Sei so gut und bitte erlautern weiter.

Ah, now I see what you mean. :cool:

So it seems you already had a comet model 8 years ago. I didn't know that. That must have been for FS2002 or FS 2000. Do these old textures actually still fit the new model exactly ?

It seems that there are even more liveries than merely these 12 - but not that many more - if we are still limited to one livery per airline.

I will therefore re-do all the paints. However, these previous paints of yours will certainly help as a reference. As you say, they are usable but won't really do justice to a brand new upgraded FSX model which are so much better than the older models.

We can always support several paints if they are from different years - the problem is I have no idea of an algorithm to supprt severa paints in the same year.

The old textures from the FS2004 are identical in the fuseledge, the difference is in wheels etc that were seperate textures...