The simFlight Network Forums

Reading Lights status from PMDG737NGX

Hello guys,

this is driving me crazy from 3 months.... I'm using OC Cards and SIOC. I've read all the possible posts in the forum but without success.

My OC card are working good with scripts based on standard fsx offsets.

I would like to turn on my MIP lights based on PMDG status lights like Master Warn, Fire, AP etc... Now, I've a registered version on FSUIPC, PMDG SDK and so on....what shoud I use for that as I'm not a programmer ?

I've read something about interaction between IOCPclient, LUA and FSUIPC... I'm now a little bit confused.

Can you help me understanding that ? As far as I know with the SDK is now possible read the status lights ( and other) but how can be interpreted them as offsets exutable from SIOC ?

I do thankyou in advance

Francesco

As far as I know with the SDK is now possible read the status lights ( and other) but how can be interpreted them as offsets exutable from SIOC ?

I've no idea how to use SIOC, but all the data values which can be provided for the PMDG 737NGX, if you've configured it correctly, are mapped into FSUIPC offsets, and those offsets are all listed in the document included with all recent FSUIPC updates. The facility was added in FSUIPC 4.82 soon after the PMDG SDK was published. The current FSUIPC interim update is 4.839b. See the Download Links subforum.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for your fast replay.

I saw your Offset mapping doc the 'annun' (annunciator), so the status lights are already available on FSUIPC. SIOC can read FSUIPC Offset and execute a command like light a led if the boleean is . It seems to be too easy to do.

I'll try this.

Regards,

Francesco

Hi Pete, thanks for your fast replay.

I saw your Offset mapping doc the 'annun' (annunciator), so the status lights are already available on FSUIPC. SIOC can read FSUIPC Offset and execute a command like light a led if the boleean is . It seems to be too easy to do.

I'll try this.

Okay. Don't forget you need to make the small required change to a PMDG ini file, to allow the data to be supplied to FSUIPC. There's a note in the document about it somewhere.

Regards

Pete

it works well with auto brake lights, Flaps light and with all the status that have Data Type 'BYTE'. I've some issues with BYTE x 2

Sorry, what do you mean?

Where there are two BYTE values, they asre separate values -- usually one for Engine 1 and other for Engine 2, or maybe one for Captain and one for First Officer. They are still BYTE values, just more than one.

Pete

Hi Pete,

maybe I have to add a TESTBIT function in order to check the status of the bit 0 (cpt warning light)

Should be...

Var 0001, Left Warning, Link FSUIPC_INOUT, Offset $6506, Length 2, // Warning C Annunciator

f(v) V002 = TESTBIT V001,0 ( this should sais the status of bit 0 ( 0 off, 1 on )

Var 0002, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 18 // Left Warning

I'll try this, I dont know if this is correct, sintax side.

Regards,

Francesco

maybe I have to add a TESTBIT function in order to check the status of the bit 0 (cpt warning light)

I think you have a bad misunderstanding. Offset 6506 is ONE BYTE containing the Captain's Master Warning, and there's a second BYTE, at 6507, with the First Oficier's Master Warning. I thought I already explained this. BYTE values are one BYTE each, not two!

You needn't test individual bits. Each byte with be TRUE (non-zero) or FALSE (zero) according to the indication.

I'll try this, I dont know if this is correct, sintax side.

Sorry, I can't help with SIOC parameters. I know nothing about this program.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

I've just another question about ADSF panel: A/P & A/T colors. A/P and A/T led lit Red and Yellow based on event. Are they mapped each too ?

Sorry, I've no idea. Isn't this a case of checking the SDK information, or asking PMDG support? I don't even use any PMDG aircraft I'm afraid. All I've done for 737NGX users is map the entire data supplied by the SDK onto offsets, en bloc, and published the offset numbers with the descriptions from the SDK. I cannot support them nor interpret them. Sorry.

Pete