The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Joerg 66

MyTraffic shows traffic even if traffic sliders are set to 0

Hello Mr. Renk!

I have a strange problem with MyTraffic X Professional 5.4 - a problem which most of the users here would not even recognize as a problem as well.

My problem is, that even if I have set both traffic sliders to the far left position, there are still some aircrafts shown, for example a Mooney Bravo with the registration "V7-BRV" departing daily at 1025 from EDFH to EFKU.

Yes, that's correct: I normally don't want to see any AI controlled traffic. I'm an online flying pilot, and I'm using the excellent AI models from MyTraffic for depicting other online traffic. This is managed by "FSInn", the client program that connects me to the network, VATSIM. But as said I don't want to see these models controlled by AI, so both traffic sliders are set to 0.

Maybe this is an issue of the schedule definition in MyTraffic. Can you have a look on it?

German reading users are also invited to follow the original disussion here:

http://board.vacc-sag.org/103/50412/

Thanks & good bye,

Jörg

Hi!

In the Traffic Toolbox (until today I didn't know what's that … ;-) ) Traffic Density is set to 0 %, and both checkboxes are switched off. Even in that configuration the AI traffic is not totally switched off :unsure:

post-24150-0-34830100-1342117504.png

post-24150-0-92758800-1342117776_thumb.p

post-24150-0-62887700-1342117778_thumb.p

Hello!

Some more findings: I just opened the "MytrafficGlobal.bgl" with the "AI Flight Planner" utility and received 14 error messages with "Activity level is missing or invalid". Surely you know that this parameter should be in the range 1 to 100. But in these 14 cases, including the V7-BRV, it is set to 0. I'm assuming that this is the reason why FSX shows this traffic even if the AI traffic density is set to 0 (because 0 ≤ 0 …)

post-24150-0-38662700-1342201397_thumb.p

That will be the explanation I assume. But there is no reason not to use the 0, unless you buy an AI addon and then want to switch it totally off using the sliders, not disabling the traffic...