The simFlight Network Forums

Programming Hat Switch on Joystick

I have several helicopters that I like to fly and want to use the hat switch on my joystick for certain keyboard commands, instead of POV (which is handled by the hat switch on my yoke).

I have disabled all the POV for my hat switch in FSX controls for my joystick, however when when I add my key commands (that do work via the keyboard) nothing happens happens for left & right and up and down pans forward and backwards.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have disabled all the POV for my hat switch in FSX controls for my joystick, however when when I add my key commands (that do work via the keyboard) nothing happens happens for left & right and up and down pans forward and backwards.

Are you talking about assigning FS controls in FSUIPC? You don't provide the context. If you are using FSUIPC, what version? And where are you programming it, and to what controls? What exactly do you mean by "key commands"?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

FSUIPC v4751a is the version that I have installed.

The eggbeaters that I fly have keyboard shortcuts:

Ctrl+Shift+Up (I want this for the up position on my hat switch)

Ctrl+Shift+Down (I want this for the down position on my hat switch)

Ctrl+Shift+Left (I want this for the left position on my hat switch)

Ctrl+Shift+Right (I want this for the right position on my hat switch)

Etc...

Under Button & Switches in FSUPIC Options & Settings I have mapped these keyboard shortcuts to the hat switch on my Microsoft Flight Sidewinder Joystick but to no avail.

Kind regards,

FSUIPC v4751a is the version that I have installed.

Sorry, but that is old and unsupported. The current main release is
, with updates up to
4.839b
available in the Download Links subforum.
Under Button & Switches in FSUPIC Options & Settings I have mapped these keyboard shortcuts to the hat switch on my Microsoft Flight Sidewinder Joystick but to no avail.

Well, if assigned they will be sent. You can check by logging button and key events (FSUIPC logging tab) and viewing the Log file. But update FSUIPC4 first please.

Pete