The simFlight Network Forums

Dump Airport List

SirPres

In P3D, there's no menu item for the Traffic Toolbox even though I installed the P3D SDK. So, there's no way to dump the "Airport.txt" to MyTraffic P3D. I this normal, or did I miss something? I've been using the airport list that I migrated over from MyTraffic FSX instead. Does it make a difference? P3D states it has 29,000 airports, but I'm sure not all has parking.

It works if you copy traffictoolbox.dll from the P3D SDK to the P3D main folder and in dll.cfg have:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>traffictoolbox.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Otzher weays may work too, but this is the most trivial one...

I put the entry in the dll.xml file per your instructions and the traffic toolbox did appear in the menu. Thank you. However, I got a big jump in Fatal Errors and the Windows event viewer showed "menus.dll" to be the cause. So, I removed the entry, but not before I dumped the airport list.

I was getting Fatal Error messages and CTDs before, though not as much I'm getting now. I'm sure it was due to porting scenery and aircraft over from FSX. But now I get them every time I click on the down menu and change aircraft or weather. When I get back to the main screen, the screen will freeze up after a couple of minutes and then Fatal Error and restart. When I check the Windows Event Viewer for the cause, it shows "menus.dll".

This has been reported for P3D to have some menu errors. I get dialog errors when I am at the US East coast, nowhere else, independent if MyTraffic is installed or not, and as far as I can say from their forum the P3D team is investigating this. The SDK you are using is the same version as the program itself?