The simFlight Network Forums

Questions Regarding Traffic

SirPres

Burkhard, I have a couple of questions regarding MyTraffic in P3D. The first is about military traffic. Which slider (if any) controls military traffic? I have plenty of military traffic with my current settings (30% Airline and 100% GA). I was just curious. You said to set the Airline slider to 30% for "real-world" Airline traffic. This works fine for me although, I still see some anomalies (ie; a United Express Saab 340 at PHOG... now, that's a long trip!). And, I assume that Cargo aircraft are controlled by the Airline slider.

But the GA traffic in P3D is puzzling me. Even with the GA traffic slider at 100%, I only see minimal GA traffic. And also puzzing is the fact that about 50%-75% of the GA traffic appears to be MT Challengers. The rest are mostly Lear 45s... the default "ACME" aircraft. I know you said that some of the default GA aircraft in FSX that MyTraffic uses does not come with P3D. But I had replaced many of the default FSX aircraft used in MyTraffic with genuine AI aircraft (HTAI, Klaus Brosemann, Dee Waldron, etc.) for more variety and better frame rates. I did that in FSX before I ported them over to P3D, so that should be a un-issue. Most of them are just not showing up in P3D. I know that the "IFR Only" bug is part of the problem, but it can't be the only reason.

You are aware that the IFR-ONLY bug appears with afaik every setting you change in P3D? Let us wait for version 1.4 to fix that.

The militaries are controlled by the airline slider, to be precise the airline slider controls all IFR aircraft and the GA slider all VFR aircraft as I understand it.