The simFlight Network Forums

Aircraft Landing Gear not shown

brad0131

Hello, I just purchased Mytrafficx 5.4a and love it! THe only thing is, I changed it too widescreen models because I read it might fix the landing gear missing from a certain distance but it didnt. I cant seem to figure out how to have the landing gear shown. Help please?

Does your fsx.cfg contain a line containing smallpartrejectradius? This is a popular tweak to improve frame rate, but switches AI aircraft gears off too early. Also, is your video driver optimized for quality and not performance? If you have an average setting there and a smallpartrejectradius of 2, you will not see tires that are smaller than 3 pixel on screen - with a central tire of typically 50 cm dimension FSX will not display it from approx 300m if your zoom factor is 50%.

I also saw that fix with the FSX.cfg but I did not have that Fix name under scenery or anywhere under there. I dont use any FPS limiters other than my option in game which is unlimited. Also, my video card is on quality. Any other suggestions? I appreciate the help and I love the addon!

Set it to "SmallPartRejectRadius=1" to go sure this is not the case.

Check that the models indeed are the wide screen models, edit as example MyTraffic\aircraft\A320MX\aircraft.cfg and verify that the model= entries are WideFSX, not HighFSX.

On the delimiter, look what you get at unlimited as minimal stable rate, and then limit at 70% of that, then you warrant to give all subengines inside FSX the CPU they need. If you set higher, you can do so, but have to pay for it by some systems working delayed or not at all.

Do you see the front gear and the main gear disappear at the same time, or do they disappear at different distances? On which aircraft models? To really be able to track this, if the usual remedies do not help, I really need detailed information like:

My screen has a width of 40 cm and 1920 pixel. The Airbus A321 no longer displays the main gear when it is 27mm on screen. My zoom settings are 66% - then I can see if this is a property of MyTraffic or of your settings.

One has to be very careful with these settings. If I put the distance when I switch these items off 10% further, the CPU impact of the AI aircraft increases by 20% - if it is switched off by me and not by FSX.

Thanks, so that is working - where WideFSXw typically is the version with winglett... Does it happen with all models, or more with specific models. MyTraffic contains more than 200 series with about 1000 different models, so only very detailed quantitative measurements can help beyond this point.

Yes sir, It usually shows landing gear from a good distance a way! However if Im looking at a plane like across the whole airport (for example: KFLL, Im at the Southwest Terminals (B Gates) and I look across too the fedex cargo ramps, I cannot see the landing gear unless I increase the zoom to see the fedex closer) then it doesnt show.

I went there and had a look and I see gears still on the MD10. With zoom factor 1. The distance I estimate to be 1800m about, so at a screen with 1920 pixel a pixel corresponds to 94cm, so a tire should display. I still see them at a zoom factor of 0,6, but at 0.5 no longer. Here a pixel corresponds to 188cm, which is definitively far bigger than a tire, so it should no longer display.

post-108-0-69824900-1343394660_thumb.jpg

I think that is exactly what mine was doing. I had to go over a zoom factor of .5 and it would show up then right wen I go back down below it, the gear would randomly dissapear. But thanks for your help. Its not that big of a deal now since its not happening close to my plane anymore.

Most aircraft tires have less than one m diameter.so they cannot display with current display technology. Once we have screens which are as good as our eyes with a million times a millon pixel, they will display... And good news is that we still will use FSX/P3D...