The simFlight Network Forums

Correct Southwest Color

brad0131

Thnaks. Both colors you refer to are true blue with Zero red or green admixture, 0 0 247. Is this really true? The color SWA uses on their web site, as example on the plane for their credit card, is far away from true blue and has (78 116 196) , and when I look at photos at a.net I get the impression there are many aircraft with a mixture like we use until now ( 87 121 216) , but also more blue ones - has there been a silent change recently to use more blue, or is the color they use getting grayer with a little pink fast?

When I look at http://www.airliners.net/photo/Southwest-Airlines/Boeing-737-3H4/2135215/M/&sid=076cdd09ce36f1e6b6464270ec913697 as example, I get a color of (49,120,248). More comments, please.

Also, here is another pic of multiple planes. I do find a light blue southwest every once in a while but most I have found are the darker color you created above.

I do notice that if you look in the top right area of the pic, you can see the "light blue" effect when the sun directly hits the plane.

southwestairlines.jpg