The simFlight Network Forums

Assign airport parking

Baran767

Hi Burkhard, is there a a way to assign aircraft parking. I noticed at my home field, Minneapolis-St Paul International, (KMSP) that there where non military aircraft, i.e. Fed Ex, DHL, parked in the military parking zone. Perhaps because those airlines are designated cargo, they where parked in the military cargo zone..I am not sure, I know from the past that some airfield afcads can be accessed and parking slots assigned.

Thanks, Baran

While it is possible to assign, this assignment will only work at low traffic densities. FSX calculates for each aircraft it places on an airport a weight for all parking and takes the one with the biggest weight - but once more than one third of all parkings are filled this may be a non desired place, Microsoft recommneds to never use more than half the parkings or the assignment system will make most decisions not as you want them just for logical reasons. So the question how many wrong parkings you are ready to accept and how much traffic you want you have to fine tune with the IFR traffic density slider.

FSX gives the parking radius a big importance in the association, so if you have 26m Mil_Cargo they are very attrtactive for DC10s, even more attractive than a 36m Cargo which FSX will try to reserve for a 747 Freighter.

I have my traffic settings set at 40, of which should not pose a problem with regards to over crowding parking slots. I would like to have the airlines assigned to their correct gates, so how do I go about assigning airline codes to the correct gates? I have a detailed terminal gate assignment map for MSP, Minneapolis-St Paul International.

Thank you for your time and help, Baran

You can use programs like ADE to do so. Just be aware that you cannot force FSX to use a gate for an airline, you can only increase the probability a gate is used for an airline, and have to fine tune the number of gates with the number of flights you want to display. Contrary to the weird airport system in the US, FSX will not hold a landed Delta plane for 30 minutes with running engines if only American parking gates are free.

40% can be far to high to have this running properly.