The simFlight Network Forums

My Traffic X Prof. 5.4A Malfunction

Baran767

"Navigation to the webpage was canceled" message appeared when opening the My Traffic X Communicator page. How do I correct this issue? Also after adding correct parking slots and assigning correct airline gates for Minneapolis-St Paul, International using ADE9X, I see no changes when opening that airport. The corrected cargo and militaryslots do not show, and how do I effect the latest flight plans for an airports ai traffic?. I tried to attach a screen shot of the webpage in question... but was informed...."Error you aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"

Thank you, Baran

Which page do you try to open? The Communicator by default opens a local file, MyTraffic\offline.htm. If this file does not exist after installation, but a file offline1.htm, then you do not have sufficient user rights over the MyTraffic folder.

You can add jpg images to the forum, don't use bmp which are a waste of space for this purpose.

Did you follow the instructions in the editor manual to export your airport setup from FSX using the traffic toolbox to MyTraffic\airports.txt and import that to the editor? This also explains how to modify your traffic, just work through the manual, and I also recommend to read the traffic toolbox SDK manual for the basic background understanding.

Hi Burkhard, i have attached a Jpeg of the screen shot that displays the "navigation to the webpage was canceled" for your further evaluation. Regarding the ADE9X program, I do not recall seeing a reference to exporting of an airport for the purpose of reworking. I will review the manual again.

post-30044-0-93509800-1343918804_thumb.j

Regarding ADE9x, all you need to do is open an airport, start editing it, then save it. There's no "export" or other function required - if you open a default airport (or any other airport from BGL) and save it, it will save as a different AFD file.

Ian P.

In order to inform the MyTraffic editor about ther changes to the airport, you have to export the airport list from FSX to MyTraffic as described in the editor manual chapter 20. FSX will use it as you install it, but MyTraffic editor cannot guess what you changed.

The communicator just calls the local file MyTraffic\offline.htm. If this does not exist, it has to cancel this operation. Now this file should exist, since at the end of the installation process the file offline1.htm gets renamed to offline.htm - if this does not wrok this usually indicates that you do not have suffient user rights, so many other things will fail too with FSX and MyTraffic.

Hi Burkhard, I believe I found the chapter 20 that you referenced...but after reading it I was still not clear on how to transfer the FSX airport list into My Traffic X and what steps to take from there to insure that the changed airport would replace the original airport. . I spent some time within the ADE9x program reworking my home base airport KMSP and upon concluding my changes I saved the file, of which generated a airport file with the following name; KMSP07_ADEXbs.ad2. that does not appear to be the kind of file that I could incorporate into FSX. I am attaching chapter 20. Could you simplify this procedure.

Thank you, Baran

post-30044-0-64128000-1343976471_thumb.j

The file format you need to create for FSX is a bgl file, so after you saved your work you have to compile the airport. Under ADE the command to do so is Compile Airport, under ADE9X I do not know. Then you have to put the bgl file into a higher priority scenery layer. Since MyTraffic comes with a file BR2_KMSP.bgl, it is important that you use a folder which is in scenery library above MyTraffic. You can put it into "addon scenery\scenery" if you moved MyTraffic between "addon scenery" and "propellor objects".

If you make scenery yourself, you have to understand about file format and scenery priorities, so a detailed study of the FSX SDK documentation is needed, mostly the "environment kit".

All this should also be documented in the ADE9X manuals. What I described above is - once FSX uses the new airport - how you tell the MyTraffic editor about your setup.

How do I verify if in fact I have the MyTraffic/offline.hm correctly installed and if not how do I go about correcting the issue?

Thank you, Baran

The fact itself that you see a different opening screen for the communicator causes no problem. I suspect though that this is due to the fact that you do not have full control over your MyTraffic folder, maybe you still habe the user access control switched on?

Hi Burkhard, we have been at this for almost a week with no success. This past day I spent thirty minutes with a Microsoft tech varifying the current MSXML 4.0 file installed, of which is current. And after that I tried to compile the airport file with no success. I checked all of the SDK paths, they where all correct, so theoretically there should be no reason for it not to work. The only other area that may be causing an issue would be a faulty install of MTX Prof. 5.4A. I have tried to interact with the various programs.... but some seem to have no response, i.e. Airport Edit, I can not enter an airports I.D., the Aircraft Config Editor's "Use models for wide screen" while not stay checked, the My Traffic page shows no breakdown of traffic data, (see attachment). Should I un-install the complete program and re-install to see if that makes a difference?

Thanks, Baran

post-30044-0-73335500-1344100447_thumb.j

Did you read the data base from the editor? This looks as if you didn't.

The rest I only repeat that it looks like you do not have suffiencent user rights. Microsoft gives even the administrator the user rights by default over a program folder that the cabin crew has over an aircraft - but you are the captain. Ensure you have full control over the FSX folder and the UAC is switched off, then you are in command of what happens.

Burkhard.... I was not sure how to interpret the assumptions of your prior communique...hmmm... at any rate after further investigating at various FS websites......I found that the source of this particular problem resided with the updating of the SDK SP1 and SP2 packs, and for those like myself that are running Microsofts Acceleration it is CRITICAL that you update the Acceleration SDK packs as well. And a heads up for those that do download and install the Acceleration SP1, it takes a little over an hour even with high speed baud rate. After updating those two components I had no problem compiling my airports.

Burkhard there is only one other area at this point that needs to be addressed and that is when accessing the Select Schedules (2011) witin the My Traffic Communicator, a message appeared "can not write; C:\Program Files (x86)\MicrosoftGames\MicrosoftSimulatorX\MyTraffic\TDBX.EXE" .....Followed by; Error....The Selected File(s) Couldn't Get Extracted.

Regards, Baran

Ah thanks, yes, there are four different version of FSX out there, and already 4 versions of P3D, and you need the correct SDK because these are different compiles. The Acceleration SDK is on the acceleration DVD. What do you mean with Acceleration SP1 - I'm not aware that there ever was a service pack for acceleration. But yes this explains a lot, if you have a wrong SDK installed anything may happen.

I got note of this message a few times, while it works on many other sites.

If you have copied the Trafficdatabasebuilder form the SDK over to the MyTraffic folder, then replace the traffic2012.bat by the one in the attachment and it should work. version 5.4a contains no 2011 schedules...

Traffic2012.zip

Hi Burkhard, regarding the Acceleration SP1, I should have been clearer... the FSX Acceleration Pack DVD has a subfolder called SDK\SP1a\,..... install the SDK SP1a from there using the fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe, as stated in my prior communique...this procedure can take well over an hour to transfer and install...even at high baud rate

Regards, Baran.

Hi Burkhard, you asked if I had transferred the Trafficdatabasebuilder from the SDK over to the My Traffic Folder, I am not aware of a transfer. I did check the FSX My Traffic folder and saw that there is a Trafficdatabasebuilder file installed, (see attachment). It does have a Traffic2011 batch, but no 2012 batch. The TDBB had a modified date of 9/26/2007, I will insert your Traffic2012bat into that file. If this is incorrect, please advise.

Regards, Baran

post-30044-0-73598500-1344293702_thumb.j