The simFlight Network Forums

Black AI

737FanBoy

Yes, these are the updated airports and the traffic files.

The aircraft are to be found in simobjects\misc in the folders ending with MX, so as example B738MX for the Boeing 737-800. This folder should have many texture.Myxx folders. Do these exist. What is the exact name of the file you got from Simmarket and installed?

Yes, these are the updated airports and the traffic files.

The aircraft are to be found in simobjects\misc in the folders ending with MX, so as example B738MX for the Boeing 737-800. This folder should have many texture.Myxx folders. Do these exist. What is the exact name of the file you got from Simmarket and installed?

Yes, I have a lot of aircraft folders all ending in MX and they all have textures.

The exact file name I downloaded was MTXLite_for_FSX.zip

Can you tell me the approximate size of the file? This would help me to identify if you got the correct actual version, or if maybe an old version has been restored on the server. I can install the version I have tonight and see what I see at London, but only 8 planes look very strange as well as the black textures. Do you only see this in Heathrow, or also elsewhere as example in EDDF or KMIA?

I would wonder if this is the case, but with the information I have up to know I cannot tell you. MyTraffic Lite places a file MyTrafficlite.bgl into the addon scenery\scenery folder. Rename this file to MyTrafficlite.bgl.passive , then restart FSX. Do you still see the black planes, then it isn't MyTraffic, if they are gone then it is. Or - when I look at the shots it looks like the aircraft have black wings - the mytraffic ones with missing textures should have silver wings.

So maybe you have another AI addon, incompatible with FSX AI traffic, installed, see the remendy of what you tried to uninstall and didn't remove completely, and nothing from MyTraffic due to this blocking? How to identify this you can read under http://forum.simflight.com/topic/61643-a-tool-to-find-blocking-incompatible-schedule/

I would wonder if this is the case, but with the information I have up to know I cannot tell you. MyTraffic Lite places a file MyTrafficlite.bgl into the addon scenery\scenery folder. Rename this file to MyTrafficlite.bgl.passive , then restart FSX. Do you still see the black planes, then it isn't MyTraffic, if they are gone then it is. Or - when I look at the shots it looks like the aircraft have black wings - the mytraffic ones with missing textures should have silver wings.

So maybe you have another AI addon, incompatible with FSX AI traffic, installed, see the remendy of what you tried to uninstall and didn't remove completely, and nothing from MyTraffic due to this blocking? How to identify this you can read under http://forum.simflig...tible-schedule/

I still have the black planes. I never had any AI add-ons installed and My Traffic X Lite is the first one. It seems FSX is choosing its default over the MTX ones.

Update

I ran the Traffic Batch File and it came back clean with nothing interfering and I tried again and but I still hvae the same problems of black aircraft. I also got FSX to build a new scenery.cfg file.

Burkhard - perhaps you want to connect to my PC via TeamViewer to see what is wrong?

Can we verify if these planes are stock ones or MyTraffic Lite ones? Can you make a nearby shot that shows more details of the plane?

Is addon scenery an active scenery?

I will install MTX-lite tonight and have a look at Heathrow. Don't worry, we will fix it.

I have fixed the issue by adding My Traffic X to the FSX scenery library as a separate entry but my FPS go from around 20 at EGLL with no traffic to around 12FPS with 10% of airline traffic......money wasted on something I can't run!!

Oh well, the support was worth it. ;)

If you only have 20 frames atr EGLL without AI traffic, then even 10% might be too much. Also I suggest that you change to the models that do not call ground animations, since it is very likely that not MyTraffic, but FSX moving 40+ animated jetways eats the frames...

If you only have 20 frames atr EGLL without AI traffic, then even 10% might be too much. Also I suggest that you change to the models that do not call ground animations, since it is very likely that not MyTraffic, but FSX moving 40+ animated jetways eats the frames...

How do I do that?