The simFlight Network Forums

MyTraffic 2010 Version 1.20 - Incomplete callsigns used by ATC

Wrighty

I recently upgraded to MyTraffic 2010 Version 1.20 (this is the version indicated on the provided DVD) which was acquired through Aerosoft.

Once MyTraffic was installed I noticed that several airlines did not have their name included in any messages issued by ATC, only the flight number.

For example where I expected ATC to use a callsign of easyjet (or easy) 3001, all I heard was 3001.

In addition to easyjet, other airlines that didn't have the airline name included in any callsigns were Ryanair, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic to name but a few.

The manual (Page 32) indicates that you can select whether the MyTraffic 2010 official sound patch should be activated.

I didn't recall seeing this option during the original install, so assumed that I had overlooked it.

i have uninstalled the software and on re-installation I still don't get an option to activate the sound patch, nor again am I hearing ATC callsigns that include easyjet, Ryanair, British Airways etc.

Is it the lack of this sound patch that is causing the problem and how can I overcome the problem?

Thanks

Dave