The simFlight Network Forums

KORD Missing Terminals

elsmoko

Using MTX Ver 5.4. Noticed missing terminal buildings at KORD. Temporarily removed the BR2_KORD.BGL from

the ..\Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery folder, and when I restarted FSX the terminal buildings returned (and

so did all the AI at the gates). Does anyone know what might be causing this issue? What Have I done to FSX

and / or MTX by removing the BR2_KORD.BGL file from it's folder? (or, how necessary is this file for proper functioning

of FSX / MTX?) . Is there something in a file or my setup that needs adjusting ?

FYI, I've been recovering from a boot HDD failure and have reinstalled FSX. I haven't any third party airports installed

(yet ~: ) and checking other major airports (KLAX, KJFK, KDEN) I noticed no buildings missing there (seems only KORD

has a missing buildings issue ).

Best to all,

Ken

The stock airport files have far too little parkings, and parking radii which are meaningless - typically an airport like KORD as is comes from Microsoft can only carry 5-10 aircraft of 757 or bigger size. A good fraction of the work for MyTraffic is to adapt the airports to the aircraft which fly there - KORD has many 777, 767, 757, and some big Airbus.

In addition, the major airports also contain a real world like Airline to gate association.

Now some airports, among them KORD, put one Terminal building as a "Tower" and not as a building. Early versions of FSX desogn software made this wrong.