The simFlight Network Forums

Problem re FSUIPC, bglmanx.dll, and simconnect

I have been struggling for the past week with what appears to be the dreaded simconnect bug (i.e., FSX 'hangs' when loading FSUIPC).

Following the advice in the FAQ section, I edited my dll.xml so that the only entry was the one for FSUIPC. With only this entry, FSUIPC started fine and a trust string for FSUIPC was entered in my FSX.cfg file.

I did the exact same procedure for bglmanx.dll (which has also been giving me problems). With only the bglmanx.dll entry in dll.xml, everything works fine and a trust string for bglmanx.dll was entered in my FSX.cfg file.

However,

When I edited my dll.xml to include entries for both FSUIPC and bglmanx.dll, I get the error message about Flight Simulator having detected a problem with FSUIPC, and when I click 'yes' to run it anyway, FSX goes into 'hang' mode (i.e., have only the FSX 'splash' screen and the spinning blue circle, nothing further). The order of the entries in dll.xml also doesn't make any difference.

Note that with the two together, bglmanx seems to be loading fine (at least, I'm not getting the 'Flight Simulator has detected a problem' message for bglmanx.dll), it is just when FSUIPC tries to load that the hand occurs.

Any ideas on what I should try next? I know Pete says persistance is the answer but I've probably spent 20-hours so far trying to get things working.

Some other questions:

- Should I delete the FSX.cfg trust entry for FSUIPC (the one that was created when only FSUIPC was in my dll.xml)?

- Do I need to re-boot my PC each time I try to run FSX?

- Other than the FSUIPC.log, are there any other error logs I can check to see what's going on?

For reference, I'm using:

FSUIPC 4.84 and the most current version of Addon Manager (which includes bglmanx.dll).

64-bit Windows 7

Real-time protection in Microsoft Security Essentials (my only AV program) is turned off.

FSX is installed on a separate SSD from my OS

I always run FSX 'as administrator'

UAC and DEP are off

I did follow the suggestions in the FAQ (I have installed a security certificate, and initdelay is set to 10)

I did do a re-install of simconnect just in case the problem was there, but that didn't help

Thanks in advance,

Bill

When I edited my dll.xml to include entries for both FSUIPC and bglmanx.dll, I get the error message about Flight Simulator having detected a problem with FSUIPC, and when I click 'yes' to run it anyway, FSX goes into 'hang' mode (i.e., have only the FSX 'splash' screen and the spinning blue circle, nothing further). The order of the entries in dll.xml also doesn't make any difference.

Note that with the two together, bglmanx seems to be loading fine (at least, I'm not getting the 'Flight Simulator has detected a problem' message for bglmanx.dll), it is just when FSUIPC tries to load that the hand occurs.

How strange! I am not aware of any clash between those two. I've always had both running in my system. Is FSUIPC actually started? You can tell by checking if there's a Log file produced. If there is a log file, please show it to me. A SimConnect log might also be informative.

Any ideas on what I should try next? I know Pete says persistance is the answer but I've probably spent 20-hours so far trying to get things working.

No, the "persistence" thing is to get past the trust checking. If you've got that version already trusted that particular bug shouldn't occur any more.

- Should I delete the FSX.cfg trust entry for FSUIPC (the one that was created when only FSUIPC was in my dll.xml)?

No.

- Do I need to re-boot my PC each time I try to run FSX?

No.

- Other than the FSUIPC.log, are there any other error logs I can check to see what's going on?

The FSUIPC4.LOG, if it is actually produced will tell me whether FSUIPC4 ever gets started, and if it does then I need to see where it has got to. As I said above the SimConnect log could be useful -- there's a thread on how to make one of those in the FAQ subforum.

I always run FSX 'as administrator'

I'm not sure that's a good idea. Why are you doing that?

UAC and DEP are off

Well UAC is just a nuisance. You shouldn't need to turn DEP off. I never have.

I did follow the suggestions in the FAQ (I have installed a security certificate, and initdelay is set to 10)

The certificate should certainly have already been in Win7. And there's no point playing with the InitDelay until we know whether FSUIPC is actually starting.

I did do a re-install of simconnect just in case the problem was there, but that didn't help

How did you do that? And which of the three versions?

Regards

Pete

Thanks, and welcome back, Pete!

Some responses to your comments & questions

1) If FSUIPC is supposed to create a new FSUIPC4.LOG after I click 'yes' to the question "Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?, then it looks like FSUIPC isn't getting started (the only log file I have is from the last time I was able to run FSX successfully with FSUIPC).

2) I've been running FSX 'as administrator' only because the moderators at the REX forum insist that's what should be done. I'll follow your advice and run it normally from now on.

3) I 'reinstalled' Simconnect by running the SimConnect.msi found in ghe FSX SDK/SDK/Core Utilities Kit/SimConnect SDK/lib folder.

4) I'll check out how to get a SimConnect log created. But if the problem is that FSUIPC isn't even getting started then the problem may not be with simconnect.

Thanks again,

Bill

1) If FSUIPC is supposed to create a new FSUIPC4.LOG after I click 'yes' to the question "Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?, then it looks like FSUIPC isn't getting started (the only log file I have is from the last time I was able to run FSX successfully with FSUIPC).

Right. It does sound like some sort of clash in SimConnect's loading sequence. Nevertheless I will, today, look at my code in more detail to see if I can do anything different in the very small sectiion of code leading to the Log being created -- there isn't a lot, but naturally there is the code leading to the log file being opened. All past researches have led to the conclusion that no code at all was being executed, but I've not before met the case where the Trust check was definitely completed beforehand, as it was in your case.

2) I've been running FSX 'as administrator' only because the moderators at the REX forum insist that's what should be done. I'll follow your advice and run it normally from now on.

They may be trying to deal with the case where FS is installed in the Program Files folders, which are protected against writing unless things are run "as administrator". Many add-ons don't deal with this. FSUIPC actually changes the read/write permissions on the Modules folder so that it can write its LOG, KEY and INI file and so you can install Macro and Lua files there when needed.

3) I 'reinstalled' Simconnect by running the SimConnect.msi found in ghe FSX SDK/SDK/Core Utilities Kit/SimConnect SDK/lib folder.

So, that will only do the version for the most recent SDK you downloaded. If that was SP1 or SP2 there will be one or two other SimConnect.msi files in the "LegacyInterfaces" subfolder in the SimConnect SDK. Different SimConnect clients use RTM, SP1 or SP2/Acc versions of SimConnect which are all installed side-by-side. I don't know which one BGLMANX uses (the SimConnect log will show), but FSUIPC4 is capable of using any of those, usually selecting the latest.

Those SimConnect installers are only really installing the external interface DLLs, the ones called by SimConnect clients and which in turn call the true SimConnect code which is integrated into the main FSX.EXE file. So "reinstalling SimConnect" doesn't really do a lot if the Side-by-Side structure is okay. The only sure way of repairing it if broken somehow would be to for example, uninstall SP2 or Acceleration and re-installing that.

4) I'll check out how to get a SimConnect log created. But if the problem is that FSUIPC isn't even getting started then the problem may not be with simconnect.

Except that it's SimConnect which does the loading and trust verification. The log may show how far that got.

I'll get back to you later if I can find anything else to try after examining my code prior to Log creation.

...in which it is reported that the problem is somehow related to using NVidia 'Surround' (i.e., display spanning multiple monitors). I have the same configuration. hmmmm...

That is odd. Or possibly it is related to the driver version? I couldn't use the 301.xx drivers -- they had the effect of permanently reducing my fast video card to it's power-saving or overheat mode and caused FS to crawl.

I don't know how video differences can be related to all this except by a change of timings which it could introduce -- i.e. certain things happening earlier or later as a result of other things also happening.

Regards

Pete

I'll get back to you later if I can find anything else to try after examining my code prior to Log creation.

I've re-arranged some of the start-up code in FSUIPC so that it does more of its initialisations when the DLL is loaded (when entered automatically by Windows actions) rather than when SimConnect actually calls it. Maybe this will avoid whatever is clashing. It is worth a try in any case.

Please download FSUIPC 4.844a and try it. Let me know please.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete,

i tried this new dll, but the result was the same as before with the version 4.84.

I started yesterday to install my new PC and found this problem with Fsx and Fsuipc. When i installed the first 50 programms, fsx suddenly worked properly. I´m really sure, that one of this programm import a fsuipc version. The version number was 4.50 (i never found this old version on my backup files). With this version fsx started. After this i tried to install 4.84 and this prob come again.

Greetings

Knut

FSUIPC 4.844b probably works fine. YEEEpEEEhe!!

Good. But only "probably"?

Thanks a lot. DO need always the log-files?

If the FSUIPC4.LOG file is actually produced, yes, because it can tell me how far things got. SimConnect logs have to be made especially though, and can be very big, so only those on request -- if you refer back in ths thread I did request this.

Regards

Pete

Back again, with more info.

Thanks for the new version 4.884b. I installed it and did some testing with and without NVidia Surround.

First, I stripped everything out of my dll.xml except for the FSUIPC entry. Running with NVidia Surround active (triple screen display), some things of note:

- I do get the "Flight Simulater has detected a problem..." error and, after clicking 'yes' to run FSX 'hangs' at the spash screen

- I do get a trust entry created in my FSX.cfg file.

- No FSUIPC4.log is created

- The Simconnect0.log is very short:

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

0.00441 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Auto, Address=::1, Port=58024, MaxClients=64

0.01580 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect, MaxClients=64

0.01722 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv6, Address=::1, Port=58025, MaxClients=64

0.01923 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=58026, MaxClients=64

0.25955 Exe Launched: Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe" CommandLine="" Version="2.0.0.2315"

0.26780 Exe Launched: Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\Pro Flight Panels\SaiPanels.exe" CommandLine="-run" Version="1.0.0.1"

0.28797 Exe Launched: Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe" CommandLine="" Version="1.1.7.0"

Here is where it gets interesting...

With NVidia Surround deactivated (single screen display):

- I do get the "Flight Simulater has detected a problem..." error, but after clicking 'yes' to run FSX starts-up a-ok

- An FSUIPC4.log is successfully created:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.844b by Pete Dowson *********

Running inside FSX on Windows 7

Module base=61000000

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC4 not user registered

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

47 System time = 09/08/2012 09:45:21

47 FLT path = "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

94 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

94 FS path = "E:\FlightSims\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

593 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

593 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

593 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok

593 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

593 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07

11809 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

11809 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

11825 FSUIPC Menu entry added

11934 E:\FlightSims\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT

11934 E:\FlightSims\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR

65099 System time = 09/08/2012 09:46:26

65099 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

G3D fix: Passes 4505, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 0, Separate instances 0

Memory managed: 4 Allocs, 4 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed *** *******

- The Simconnect0.log is contains much more info (384kb long):

0.00430 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Auto, Address=::1, Port=58074, MaxClients=64

0.01638 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect, MaxClients=64

0.01781 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv6, Address=::1, Port=58075, MaxClients=64

0.01964 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=58076, MaxClients=64

0.26019 Exe Launched: Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe" CommandLine="" Version="2.0.0.2315"

0.26851 Exe Launched: Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\Pro Flight Panels\SaiPanels.exe" CommandLine="-run" Version="1.0.0.1"

0.28865 Exe Launched: Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe" CommandLine="" Version="1.1.7.0"

17.49535 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8

18.03476 DLL Loaded: Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll" Version="4.8.4.4"

> 29.21597 [191, 1]Open: Version=0x00000002 Name="Saitek Flight Sim X Plugin"

> 29.21612 [191, 2]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=1, SystemEventName="SimStart"

> 29.21615 [191, 3]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=2, SystemEventName="SimStop"

> 29.21616 [191, 4]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=3, SystemEventName="Paused"

> 29.21617 [191, 5]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=4, SystemEventName="Unpaused"

> 29.21619 [191, 6]AddToDataDefinition:DefineID=2, DatumName="AUTOPILOT ALTITUDE LOCK VAR", UnitsName="Feet", DatumType=3, fEpsilon=0.000000, DatumID=0

...and a bunch of other stuff that's probably not relevant to the problem

What does seem important is that, with NVidia Surround active, the SimConnect log never gets to the entry:

Thus I conclude that there may be some incompatibility between SimConnect and NVidia Surround, at least on my system. Since Surround is a 'must have' for me, I'm not sure I can do anything other than hope that a new NVidia driver appears and the problem goes away.

Finally, FSUIPC _has_ run, a handful of times over the past few weeks, with Surround active. Maybe I was just lucky and the stars were aligned correctly.

For completeness, I'm attaching my FSUIPC Install Log

-Bill

================================================================

FSUIPC Install.log

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.84

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>> OK! FOUND FSX! <<< ...

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ESP

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>> OK! FOUND Prepar3D! <<< ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

SetupPath="E:\FlightSims\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)

Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

E:\FlightSims\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.840 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "E:\FlightSims\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... There is a SimConnect.XML, checking for "local" section.

... "local" section already exists, file not modified.

Looking in "C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Public\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\UpdatusUser\AppData\Roaming"

... No FSX.CFG there

"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder already exists.

Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay

Installed "LuaFileSystem.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf" okay

FSUIPC4.DLL installed and signature checked out okay!

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix program ... no longer relevant

INSTALLATION FOR Prepar3D:

SetupPath="F:\flightsims\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\"

Checking version of Prepar3D.EXE:

... Version 1.3.3708.0 (Need at least 1.0.677.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)

Found SimConnect build 195 (ESP Orig)

Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

F:\flightsims\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.840 found.

Prepar3D Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "F:\flightsims\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming"

Now finding \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming"

Found Prepar3D.CFG in "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.CFG"

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming"

... No Prepar3D.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming"

Looking in "C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming"

Looking in "C:\Users\Public\AppData\Roaming"

Looking in "C:\Users\UpdatusUser\AppData\Roaming"

"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder already exists.

Now installing the Prepar3D SimConnect interface for FSUIPC4 into the "Modules" folder:

Installed "SimConnectP3D.dll" okay

Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay

Installed "LuaFileSystem.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

Installed "Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf" okay

FSUIPC4.DLL installed and signature checked out okay!

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix program ... no longer relevant

All installer tasks completed.

*************** End of Install Log ***************

Thanks for the new version 4.884b. I installed it and did some testing with and without NVidia Surround.

First, I stripped everything out of my dll.xml except for the FSUIPC entry.

Actually it looks like the DLL.XML content has little to do with it, at least in this instance. It is those processes being launched by the EXE.XML which might be responsible. Look:

The failed attempt:

0.25955 Exe Launched: Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe" CommandLine="" Version="2.0.0.2315"

0.26780 Exe Launched: Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\Pro Flight Panels\SaiPanels.exe" CommandLine="-run" Version="1.0.0.1"

0.28797 Exe Launched: Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe" CommandLine="" Version="1.1.7.0"

then nothing more. One of the above three EXE programs is involved. It could not at all involve FSUIPC or even the attempt to load it, because look at the sequence in the successful attempt:

0.26019 Exe Launched: Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe" CommandLine="" Version="2.0.0.2315"

0.26851 Exe Launched: Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\Pro Flight Panels\SaiPanels.exe" CommandLine="-run" Version="1.0.0.1"

0.28865 Exe Launched: Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe" CommandLine="" Version="1.1.7.0"

18.03476 DLL Loaded: Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll" Version="4.8.4.4"

Only after that last line is FSUIPC even present.

What does seem important is that, with NVidia Surround active, the SimConnect log never gets to the entry:

Exactly.

You could try renaming your EXE.XML file so it doesn't get used. If that works, then try adding the EXE programs back one at a time. Even if you can't run them automatically via the EXE.XML at least, being separate programs, you can always either start them later -- or even get FSUIPC to load them (but this needs a Registered install of FSUIPC and I see you aren't registered).

I've got other evidence that the changes I made in FSUIPC 4.844b do get around the "Trust" verification problems some folks have, so i will be building a new release this weekend -- FSUIPC 4.85. Please rpelace your 4.844b when that is available.

Regards

Pete

Thought I'd give one last try, using your suggestion to re-name the EXE.XML file so its programs are no longer in play.

Short story is, No Joy.

Here's the SimConnect log (NVidia Surround active):

0.00452 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Auto, Address=::1, Port=52530, MaxClients=64

0.01714 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect, MaxClients=64

0.01863 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv6, Address=::1, Port=52531, MaxClients=64

0.02072 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=52532, MaxClients=64

-Bill

Thought I'd give one last try, using your suggestion to re-name the EXE.XML file so its programs are no longer in play.

Short story is, No Joy.

Here's the SimConnect log (NVidia Surround active):

Right ... that's realy odd, then. It appears that SimConnect and your video mode are somehow causeig a clash just by virtue of SimConnect starting to load FSUIPC?

Sorry I don't think there's anything I can do about that. The DLL.XML way of loading DLLs into FSX is the only way there is.

I assume you've tried different video drivers? Is it possible to delay the change to surround mode or isnt' it that switchable? What happens if you've closed FS in Windowed mode so it starts up like that next time? Then just use ALT + ENTER to go to full screen mode afterwards?

Regards

Pete

Sorry I don't think there's anything I can do about that. The DLL.XML way of loading DLLs into FSX is the only way there is.

Writing that did actually give me one other idea: an FSUIPC4 loader DLL. A small DLL loading in a different place, called "FSUIPC4_Loader.DLL" (say), which you reference in the DLL.XML instead of FSUIPC4 and which itself does then FSUIPC4 loading.

If the problem is related to the memry position or size of FSUIPC4 (and I can't think of any other reason for it being singled out for this clash), then this might do the trick.

Anyway, before that I had one other slightly less complicated idea. Currently FSUIPC tried to always reside at a fixed offset in FSX process menory. It does this really for ease of debugging, but these days it makes less difference, and I do log its actual offset in any case. I'm wondering if this little difference from most DLLs makes a difference to what happens when SimConnect tries to load it.

I'll remove this restriction for you to try -- download version 4.844c.

... It's a bit of a thin straw, but if that doesn't do the trick I'll look at the separate loader DLL method, a slightly thicker one! ;-).

Regards

Pete

I assume you've tried different video drivers?

Not much choice there, no change.

Is it possible to delay the change to surround mode or isnt' it that switchable?

Surround must be active before starting FSX and can't be switched without first closing FSX.

What happens if you've closed FS in Windowed mode so it starts up like that next time? Then just use ALT + ENTER to go to full screen mode afterwards?

Good idea, didn't work.

:-(

I'll remove this restriction for you to try -- download version 4.844c.

... It's a bit of a thin straw, but if that doesn't do the trick I'll look at the separate loader DLL method, a slightly thicker one! ;-).

Okay. After you've tried 4.844c, and if it doesn't help, download FSUIPC4_Loader and place the included DLL into the FS Modules folder.

Then edit the FSUIPC4 entry in the DLL.XML file to read FSUIPC4_Loader instead of FSUIPC4.

If this works I'll change the Installer so that further updates (e.g. 4.85 due this weekend) will not cause the DLL.XML revert to loading FSUIPC4 directly if it sees it already set for FSUIPC4_Loader.

This is truly my "last gasp" in trying to solve this, so ... fingers crossed!

Regards

Pete

I'll try each approach and get back to you this evening.

Any news yet? I'll need to make changes to the Installer if the separate Loader method is needed, and I'm on holiday from Tuesday for 10 days. I'm aiming to release 4.85 tomorrow (Sunday) if possible.

Thanks!

Pete

Sorry to report that neither 4844c by itself nor using the loader show any improvement. The Simconnect.log reads exactly the same as before, and the FSUIPC.Log is not created.

That's really even weirder than anything before, because the Loader is so innocuous. It does nothing until SimConnect calls it, and then simpy loads FSUIPC4 like SimConnect would do. Since the loader isn't even logged as being loaded, what on Earth has SimConnect and your video system got against FSUIPC in particular, and not any of the more complex DLLs you say you have no trouble with?

Of course there will be no FSUIPC log -- the loader produces no log.

I'll leave the option in to use the Loader as it will probably help with the "trust" bug. I'm afraid I have no answer for the "nvidia surround" bug.

BTW, I have nVidia with a 3-monitor system here, but it is using the Matrox Triple Head 2 Go which works splendidly. I also have a dual monitor system with nVidia treating both together a one big screen and that works too. I'm not really aware of an "nVidia surround" system., nor why it would be so problematic.

Regards

Pete

I'll leave the option in to use the Loader as it will probably help with the "trust" bug. I'm afraid I have no answer for the "nvidia surround" bug.

I've changed the loader slightly, to delay 5 seconds before it activates FSUIPC4 itself. Because it doesn't sound like the loader is even being entered I don't think it will help with your case, but do try it. You never know -- SimConnect may just about to log the "load" message at the time of the crash. If so, this may help. Worth a try anyway.

Download FSUIPC4_Loader 1.10.

I'm releasing full version 4.85 later today. The Installer for that will automatically handle the DLL.XML for Loader or no Loader, depending what it sees in the Modules folder.

Regards

Pete