The simFlight Network Forums

Problem re FSUIPC, bglmanx.dll, and simconnect

You're right, the added delay didn't help.

I have one more thing I'm going to try, but don't hold out much hope.

Just as an experiemnt, try this UNSIGNED copy of the loader. You'll need to give permission for it to be loaded, at least the first time. Try running FSX more than once.

FSUIPC4 loader (unsigned)

Pete

Tried the new unsigned loader, go directly to d) below for those (unhappy) results.

Just to add to the confusion:

As I mentioned, FSUIPC has run in the past on my system.

As a test, I removed all traces of FSUIPC4 from my Modules folder, dll.xml and fsx.cfg.

I then uninstalled and re-installed the QualityWings 757, which includes FSUIPC 4.70b.

I also re-loaded the latest Addon Manager from FSDreamteam.

FSX started up and FSUIPC ran a-ok, creating a FSUIPC4.LOG file and showing on the 'Addon' tab in FSX.

However, it only ran once. Every subsequent attempt was the same old story as before.

I even tried using the FSUIPC_Loader dll with 4.70b, no joy. << This was not the new 'unsigned' loader, go to d) below for those results.

a) Retracing my steps, I removed everything from dll.xml except the FSUIPC entry, and deleted the trust line for FSUIPC in fsx.cfg. Starting FSX, a trust entry was created, FSUIPC ran (log file created), and everything worked fine. I re-started FSX three times just to be sure it wasn't a fluke. This was with 4.70b.

B) Next, I added the bglmanx.dll section to xml.dll (just after the fsuipc section).

PROBLEM RETURNS! No FSUIPC4.LOG created, and FSX hangs. SimConnect.Log looks exactly the same as previously reported.

c) I then removed the bglmanx.dll section from xml.dll (leaving just the FSUIPC entry), but the problem didn't go away. I again removed the trust entry for FSUIPC from fsx.cfg and re-started FSX. A trust entry was created but nothing more--FSUIPC would not start. I tried re-starting FSX three times without success, even though the configuration seems to be exactly the same as in a), above. Now I'm really scratching my head...

d) Later... Just got the new 'unsigned' loader version. Ran it with 4.844c (first I deleted the old trust entries from fsx.cfg). My dll.xml has only an entry for the loader. Interesting result:

FSX tried to run (the interface music began, which is more than before) but soon afterward crashed (hung up), without getting to the flight options screen. FSUIPC did not start (no FSUIPC4.LOG was created). Here's the excerpt from the Simconnect log:

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

0.00404 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Auto, Address=::1, Port=51703, MaxClients=64

0.02393 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect, MaxClients=64

0.02515 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv6, Address=::1, Port=51704, MaxClients=64

0.02685 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=51705, MaxClients=64

0.45914 Exe Launched: Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe" CommandLine="" Version="2.0.0.2315"

0.46130 Exe Launched: Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\Pro Flight Panels\SaiPanels.exe" CommandLine="-run"

Version="1.0.0.1"

0.47501 Exe Launched: Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe" CommandLine="" Version="1.1.7.0"

9.13202 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8

9.13213 DLL Loaded: Path="Modules\FSUIPC4_loader.dll" Version="1.1.0.0"

> 21.75455 [191, 1]Open: Version=0x00000002 Name="Saitek Flight Sim X Plugin"

> 21.75466 [191, 2]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=1, SystemEventName="SimStart"

> 21.75468 [191, 3]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=2, SystemEventName="SimStop"

> 21.75469 [191, 4]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=3, SystemEventName="Paused"

> 21.75471 [191, 5]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=4, SystemEventName="Unpaused"

> 21.75472 [191, 6]AddToDataDefinition:DefineID=2, DatumName="AUTOPILOT ALTITUDE LOCK VAR", UnitsName="Feet",

DatumType=3, fEpsilon=0.000000, DatumID=0

etc...

> 21.76062 [190, 82]MenuAddItem:szMenuItem="EZdok camera addon", MenuEventID=4100, dwData=0

> 21.76064 [190, 83]MenuAddSubItem:MenuEventID=4100, szMenuItem="Show studio..", SubMenuEventID=4000, dwData=0

> 21.76065 [190, 84]MenuAddSubItem:MenuEventID=4100, szMenuItem="Global Disable", SubMenuEventID=4001, dwData=0

end.

Tried the new unsigned loader, go directly to d) below for those (unhappy) results.

Just to add to the confusion

Sorry but, excepting the fact that it is also related to this "nVidia surround" mode*, this is really seriously starting to look like a Wndows problem, probably a corruption in the Cryptographic Services or related functions. Your results don't make any sense at all unless they emanate from something weird going on pretty low down. The fact that the unsigned Loader loaded at all when the signed one didn't is a pretty saure indication of this I think.

(* Should I still understand that none of these problems occur without nvidia surround mode?)

I'm afraid I can't really advise further. And to cap it all i'm off on holiday later tomorrow for a couple of weeks.

[LATER]

In another nVidia surround problem report near here, a user has the problem when loading the PMDG MD-11 -- only on one out of two systems though. He is using different nVidia drivers on the two. You once said changing drivers was not a possibility. I took that to mean that only one specific driver version supported the mode you are using. This appears not to be the case, so don't you think it might be a good idea to try different drivers after all?

Additionally, this other user's system loads up successfully using a default aircraft. It is only when he tries to load a complex one when problems occu. What aircraft are you loading by default? Can you try changing it?

I'm swinging back to thinking it's video driver related again!

Regards

Pete

Hi Bill,

I've been having a very similar issue to you and I've been using nvidia surround as well. What driver are you using? If its the latest beta, roll it back to 304.48. That may help. (it solved my issue) it think the new beta has some problems when it comes to surround.

A quick test is to open the nvidia control panel and deselect the 'span displays with surround' checkbox. Then run FSX and see if the problem persists.

Best wishes,

Jess B

Jess - Thanks for the input. When I de-selected multiple monitor mode, FSX ran fine. I'll check out the 304.48 driver and see if it helps, though my motherboard is finicky about which drivers it will let me use Surround with.

Pete -

My default aircraft is the default ultralight. I'm also thinking this is a driver issue.

I am using the latest NVidia 'beta' drivers. I'll try going back to 304.48 and see how that works.

Have a good holiday. I'm flying in and out (real life) for a couple of weeks beginning Wednesday and don't know how much time I'll have available to troubleshoot.

Good news is I have a second PC (single monitor, no Surround) as backup for anything that needs FSUIPC. But the triple-monitor display is certainly nice!

-Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Pete,

Just got back Thursday from my trips to both US coasts and want to give you a quick follow-up. Looks like I've solved the problem by rolling-back my NVidia driver to 304.48, as Jess suggested. Thanks to you and Jess for all your help!

I just paid for a registered version of FSUIPC, not that I need all the bells-and-whistles that come with it but because I appreciate your support and this is a small way I can reimburse you for your efforts!

-Bill

Looks like I've solved the problem by rolling-back my NVidia driver to 304.48, as Jess suggested. Thanks to you and Jess for all your help!

I just paid for a registered version of FSUIPC, not that I need all the bells-and-whistles that come with it but because I appreciate your support and this is a small way I can reimburse you for your efforts!

Thanks!

Pete