The simFlight Network Forums

MyTraffic X Lite - no ATC airline

Andy81le

Hello everyone,

I have installed MyTraffic X lite. However, ATC only pronounces the flightnumber without respective airline. It did work in previous installs though.

Does anyone have an idea what I can do to get the airline names be pronounced by ATC?

Cheers

MyTraffic Lite uses the default sound files from FSX. This means that a few airlines are not called, but most of them are. So please verify that indeed Lufthanse, Delta or so are not called. In that case your FSX sound file is broken, you find it on the FSX DVDs, if I remember well in file game5.cab, but cannot check this here.

Thanks! I didn't know that FSX is able to pronounce Lufthansa etc from the start. :-) I do own MyTraffic Pro 5.4 as well, is it possible to install the voicepack addon included with this version without installing the full MyTraffic X Pro?

Thanks! It pronounces e.g. Lufthansa, Emirates, etc. now. However, British Airways, Ethiopian and I think many others are not being pronounced. Are those airlines supposed to be included in the voicepackinstaller or do I have to insert them by myself?

Unfortunately, this didn't work. ATC still doesn't pronounce e.g. Ryanair or Air Berlin, despite the fact that they are included in the EvpPck-files. I copied a 'new' voicepack from the FSX DVD, and afterwards started the voicepackinstaller from MTX Pro 5.4. No error message appeared, everything seemed to went well. The size of the USEnglishBig.gvp didn't change (!?). FSX is not installed in Program Files (x86) but simply under c:\games\. The file itself is not read or write protected.

Do you have any suggestions as to why this doesn't work?

Cheers