The simFlight Network Forums

g3d.dll

Dear Peter,

first of all want to tell you ...great work on ALL you do for the flightsim world!!!! Think there is not many people out there like you GENIOUS

Now my problem as it already shows in the title is g3d.dll

I started to get the problem few months ago,...started to search everywhere for a solution. Was at that time already running FSUIPC. So i found that i needed to update to the latest version ...which is 4.84...which i believe includes a "workaround" for g3d.dll...so i did

it was working fine until a couple of days ago...now everytime i start a flight 10 min into the flight, FSX shutsdown and error is g3d.dll

I do have add-on scenery ...as i understand this is the ONLY thing what will make FSX crash??? am i right?

really bothering me now and i'm at the point that i not want to fly alomost anymore :(

I know this topic has been already raised more then once...and i not ask you for an immidiate solution ...i just wonder if there will be a FIX for it in the future...AND i really tried everything ...also adding the line into my CFG file

MissingLibraryAlert=1

OF if there is any guys out there who found something please let me know

My computer is hanging already on the rope , just need to push the chair away now :)

greets,

Pieter

I started to get the problem few months ago,...started to search everywhere for a solution. Was at that time already running FSUIPC. So i found that i needed to update to the latest version ...which is 4.84...which i believe includes a "workaround" for g3d.dll...so i did

No. The patch which FSUIPC4 appies to G3D.DLL only deals with ONE (1) of the many different crashes I've seen attributed to that module. It just happened, luckily, to be the most frequent one, which is how the publicity for it arose.

it was working fine until a couple of days ago...now everytime i start a flight 10 min into the flight, FSX shutsdown and error is g3d.dll

Well, assuming your computer hardware hasn't developed a fault (which is possible -- memory failures give exactly the same sorts of errors), it must be down to something you've changed. An added scenery or aircraft, or maybe flying somewhere you've not visited before?

I do have add-on scenery ...as i understand this is the ONLY thing what will make FSX crash??? am i right?

I don't know. I would have thought "G3D" referred to all 3D parts, including buildings, virtual cockpits, aircraft and the like. Maybe it's only scenery though. The one crash FSUIPC prevents is certainly related to scenery. The patch it inserts detects a corruption in some pointers related to scenery. It seems to be worse where the amount of memory FSX is consuming approaches its limit.

...really bothering me now and i'm at the point that i not want to fly alomost anymore :(

I know this topic has been already raised more then once...and i not ask you for an immidiate solution ...i just wonder if there will be a FIX for it in the future...AND i really tried everything

Even turning down your settings a bit? It's high settings which aggravates these errors

...also adding the line into my CFG file

MissingLibraryAlert=1

I don't know how that could possibly help.

Regards

Pete

Dear Pete,

thanks for your prompt reply ...excellent

i must say that it started to happen with one single aircraft ...and in places i didn't had visit before... as we doing a round the world tour. REALLY can't remember tho if it happened with other aircrafts.

Until now i ONLY fly that aircraft as we finishing the tour.

But in saying all of this ,... i'm flying with a friend, he has almost the same hardware as i have and software ....AND he also flies that aircraft and we flying behind each other , he NEVER ever got that failure

so strange

maybe i just will start my way backwards of things i did...starting maybe with deleting the aircraft :)

regarding MissingLibraryAlert=1 i read on forums that this will popup an error related to G3D.DLL just when it occurs, and it allows you to ignore it and then you can just continue the flight

So this g3d.dll error will never get 100% fixed?

greets,

Pieter

PS i had the other day a error on my client pc, saying FSUIPC ELIMINATOR has stopped working and Wideclient needs to shut down?

now everything seems to be running normal again...i just restarted my computer nothing else???

Edited by Pieter

• 2 weeks later...
So this g3d.dll error will never get 100% fixed?

If it is a bug is FSX, no, because FSX is no longer being developed. It may get fixed one day in Prepar3D which is derived from FSX and being developed by Lockheed-Martin. But of course it maybe a bug in one or other add-ons, or even a hardware defect such as a patch of bad memory. All we can derive from the symptoms and crash data is that it is due to corruption of some data in memory.

PS i had the other day a error on my client pc, saying FSUIPC ELIMINATOR has stopped working and Wideclient needs to shut down?

now everything seems to be running normal again...i just restarted my computer nothing else???

That's something wrong on the Network side of that PC. The only time I've ever seen Wideclient crash like that is deep down in the Ethernet/network drivers in Windows. I get it occasionally on one PC only out of 10, and 3 of the others are identical to that one (bought at the same time too!) I suspect a hardware fault because of this and may replace that PC if it gets any worse.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...