The simFlight Network Forums

Missing Distance, Alt, Speed & Course

idahosur

Hi Rod,

That looks normal. Remember that STB can list flights before they ever turn up in FSX as AI aircraft. Those listed flights that do not have speed data etc., are "future" flights. Once the AI shows up, the information will start appearing. If you don't want to see the future flights, you can switch it off on the Data Interpretation tab of the settings notebook. The "Level of Detail" is the control to have a look at.

Simon

I thought that it might have something to do with the reality bubble thing.

I am wondering though how close the plane has to be before any data starts to show up. In the above screenshot the time in the upper left is 11:07, under arrivals the first plane is schedule to arrive at 11:41 and the next at 11:52, are these two still to far out and you could consider them outside of the reality bubble? I think the reality bubble is 200 nm, is that about right?

I'm not really clear just how far the bubble extends, and I think other factors must come into play. Rather than being a circle I expect it's something to do with square sectors, as that how the "in flight" parts of schedule BGLs work. Generally I don't see aircraft until I'm within 100nm of an airport, maybe less. Also STB is showing you all the aircraft that could show up based on slider settings, that's no guarantee that FSX will actually make them appear. Lack of parking is one example where an AI plane does not show up for a flight, and STB tries to handle that sensibly by marking the flight delayed or cancelled and later deleting it.

Simon