The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC not reading .ini file

I had the registered version of 3.999s up and working until today. It appears that the .ini file is not being read. I started FS9 and went to "fly now", none of the preset buttons nor axis work now. I deleted the ini and copied a backup, restarted FS9 and the same thing. I reload buttons and none are programmed, axis mapping is all screwed up.

I downloaded FSX Demo and programmed the yoke and pedals there (not using FSUIPC with it that I know of). That is the only thing different.

Using Windows 7, FS9 and FSX demo, SPAD for my Saitek switch panel, Saitek Pro Yoke, Pedals and TPM quadrant.

I searched but did not find my problem as described.

I had the registered version of 3.999s up and working until today. It appears that the .ini file is not being read.

The INI file is always read.

I started FS9 and went to "fly now", none of the preset buttons nor axis work now. I deleted the ini and copied a backup, restarted FS9 and the same thing. I reload buttons and none are programmed, axis mapping is all screwed up.

Sounds like you moved your devices around. Windows re-assigns IDs if you do that. This is why FSUIPC provides a system of "joystick letters", described in its own chapter of the User Guide, which allows it to keep track of movements like that. Sounds like you ought to be using it. Meanwhile you'll need to determine which device is now which and edit the INI file accordingly. Or reprogram it all, but that might take longer. Once you've done, set it to use the joy letters.

I downloaded FSX Demo and programmed the yoke and pedals there (not using FSUIPC with it that I know of). That is the only thing different.

FSX and FS9 are not related at all. They use separate files.

Regards

Pete

Your answer is half right at least. I meant to post earlier, but got busy. When I opened the .ini file I noticed that the Pedals and yoke had changed ID's one was 0, the other 1 which reversed from the original. I had not been in FS9 since FSX was loaded. I have to assume that FSX saw ports differently as I remember that in setup when I chose yoke setting were actually pedal.