The simFlight Network Forums

MyTraffic Versions ( MT2013 vs. MTX5.4a)

Burkhard

Finally, Aerosoft has published a successor to their old version of MyTraffic, MyTraffic 2013 replaces MyTraffic 2010. Both are products packed and distributed and supported by Aerosoft.

This forum is about MyTraffic Professional, with the actual version 5.4a.

From point of view of models, paints, airports and schedules, MyTraffic 2013 and MyTraffic Professional 5.4a are identical. MyTraffic Professional, aiming at the more experienced user, differs to MyTRaffic 2013 in that it contains more tools and options which, if used, might need more support. Among them are MyTraffic Interactive, or MyCaptain.

So you always can be sure that the actual version of MyTraffic Professional is the most complete version of MyTraffic, MyTraffic 2013 or in three years maybe MyTraffic 2016 will always be a consumer oriented subset of it and not be supported here.

Burkhard are you aware that Aerosoft and SimMarket are selling MyTraffic 2013 as compatible with FSX and FS2004, they get around this misleading advertising by including a free copy of MyTraffic 4.1 for FS2004 which for anyone who is reading this that doesn't know already is free to anyone regardless of whether they made a purchase or not, surely that is morally wrong.

Both retailers have this as the system requirements.

System requirements:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition ) or Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004

That is clearly immoral and I know of a least 4 people who have mistakenly bought it already and asking why it won't install into FS2004, just take a look at the Aerosoft support forum. I'm fairly certain they did the same thing when MyTraffic 2010 came out, but 4.1 wasn't free at that time so it wasn't quite so immoral.

As I said on the frontpage, Andy, the text at simMarket will be provided by Aerosoft, the same as the text on the other MyTraffic pages at simMarket is provided by Burkhard. Occasionally (usually when told about them by someone like me or you!) they will correct a typo or error, such as the fact that a developer put a South American country in Central America the other day.

So your complaint is with Aerosoft, as Burkhard says, it is their product. I'll also pass a message to simMarket through a different route because I agree that it is likely to cause confusion and people will buy MT2013 thinking it is for FS9.

Ian P.

The statement of compatibility with FS9 has been removed from the simMarket page (I just checked).

The reason I am informing you of where the text came from (it was indeed direct from Aerosoft) is the old adage that shooting the messenger achieves nothing - if you want something done about a situation, you really need to go to the source of the issue!

Cheers,

Ian P.

Aerosoft still sells most copies as DVD version, the download market is far smaller. And the fact is true that the DVD contains a product for FS2004. That the small active Internet community can get it another way is another topic - if this community downloads it it gets no support, if they use the DVD from Aerosoft they can call in in case of problems. So I reject the word immoral, that is not true. Indeed I find the passion that Aerosoft still shows for this prehistoric simulator using 10 years old code an extreme passion for their conservative user base. I sent them a proposal for a text that avoids wrong expectations.