The simFlight Network Forums

Problem Registering FSUIPC 4

Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere. When attempting to reinstall FSUIPC4 on a new computer, I entered the 12-digit FSUIPC Key EXACTLY as it appeared on the receipt from SimMarket. The install program then informed me that this was not a valid key. Are the keys time-limited? I can provide a copy of the receipt if you need it.

Bob Jones

Did you use ALL of the details exactly as they were at time of purchase?

If you have changed e-mail addresses, use the on you originally registered with. If in doubt, copy and paste them all from your order details at simMarket.

The direct answer is that no, keys are not time limited, but you must use all the registration details exactly as per the original order.

Cheers,

Ian P.

The only other thing I can suggest is to check that you are definitely running the correct installer and using the correct registration details - you'd be surprised how many people try installing FSUIPC3 when they want FSUIPC4, or are using the details from one to try and register the other, or vice versa on either option!

Beyond that you need Pete, I'm afraid, who I'm sure will be along soon.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Ian, I reran the installer just now and entered everything exactly as listed in the confirmation e-mail. The response was, "Sorry, this is not a valid 12-digit key."

Either you are still making an error, or using the wrong key for the product (as Ian says), or the date on the PC is set to something BEFORE your purchase date, which would make it look invalid.

If you think everything is correct, tell me the order number. I can't check by name. Don't post any other details here.

Pete

Pete, the order number was 2068.

Current SimMarket order numbers are 6 digits and will be 7 digits soon. I cannot go back far enough in time to get to one of the first sales of any produce SimMarket ever made, and FSUIPC wasn't sold that many years ago in any case.

So I suspect you are making a mistake. Maybe you'd better give me your email address instead if you don't know the order number.

Pete

Pete,

It turns out that you are right. I was making a mistake. For some reason, I've been consistently mis-typing my old e-mail address. I guess I need my bifocals changed. Age is not for sissies.

Thanks for your help and I'm sorry to have bothered you with what was, after all, my own goofy error.

Bob

Hi Pete!

I'm sorry, I didn't write in English.

Yesterday I bought the simmarket.com FSUIPC 4. The e-mail came a letter with the information about the purchase. But the registration key was not there. In support, it is written that the key will be sent within 24 hours. But the time has expired, and the registration key is not sent. Help me please Pete!