The simFlight Network Forums

MyTraffic X Lite

level 7

hi i am deciding between Mytraffic X lite and pro. i like that the lite version well is a lot lighter!

i noticed that you posted an update here

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/72234-lost-announcement-a-small-update-for-mtx-lite/

does it include the model updates that were present in 5.4?

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/69851-announcing-mytraffic-professional-54/

as well how often do you plan to offer updates to the lite version?

thanks!

Thanks for your interest. Indeed this update contains some paints from version 5.4, but not from 5.4a or 5.4b. Basic reason for the update is that the list of aircraft in the lite version is identical to the product "FS Live" by AirNav. To get this in line with the new product "MyTraffic Live", and espacially to model the big mergers in the US, I made the update for them so I had it on disk and could give it as a present ot the small number of users of lite. As far as I can tell, most users of lite have updated to professional rather fast - having the military, the General Aviation, much more airlines and paints and models for them is worth the price difference, as well as all the goodies that come around it, the many all new airports constructed after 2002, etc.

There are no plans currently to update lite again - such an update could not be for free in most cases and the update to Prof isn't expensive, so if you buy lite now the natural update path would be to purchase 5.5 Prof next spring, just do not forget to uninstall lite before you install prof.