The simFlight Network Forums

VC assignment

I've been looking over the FSX command list in FSUIPC and couldn't find the Virtual Cockpit or 2D cockpit commands

What are "VC or 2D cockpit commands"? Sorry, you'll need to be more specific about what you are looking for.

FSUIPC's drop-down lists all of the FS commands listed by FS in its "CONTROLS.DLL" module. Many of those can also be assigned in FS itself. FSUIPC does add some others of its own too. But I don't know what you are looking for -- most of the commands are something to do with managing and operating the cockpit. That's what it's all about, flying an aircraft from its cockpit.

Regards

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

What are "VC or 2D cockpit commands"? Sorry, you'll need to be more specific about what you are looking for.

FSUIPC's drop-down lists all of the FS commands listed by FS in its "CONTROLS.DLL" module. Many of those can also be assigned in FS itself. FSUIPC does add some others of its own too. But I don't know what you are looking for -- most of the commands are something to do with managing and operating the cockpit. That's what it's all about, flying an aircraft from its cockpit.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete sorry I've been slow to get back to this been gone. What I am trying to do is assign the FSX commands: 2D Cockpit View (shortcut) & Virtual Cockpit (shortcut) which I assume is a view to buttons on my yoke through FSUIPC (I have the most recent version) at present I am using those commands through the settings/controls in FSX. I just wanted to see if these views are available throught FSUIPC, if not no big deal I'm just trying to get away from using the FSX commands as much as possible. I mostly fly the F1 Cessna Mustang and have most everything else that I require assigned through your program and a LUA file and it all works great.

Thx

John

What I am trying to do is assign the FSX commands: 2D Cockpit View (shortcut) & Virtual Cockpit (shortcut) which I assume is a view to buttons on my yoke through FSUIPC (I have the most recent version) at present I am using those commands through the settings/controls in FSX. I just wanted to see if these views are available throught FSUIPC, if not no big deal I'm just trying to get away from using the FSX commands as much as possible.

All the FS commands are assignable in FSUIPC, and more. Just look through the list. If you want to identify which command you are using with your FS keypress, just enable Event logging in FSUIPC and examine the FSUIPC log file (in the Modules folder) afterwards.

There's also a list of FS controls provided -- see the FSUIPC documents subfolder inside the FS Modules folder.

Regards

Pete