The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC log

Hello Mr. Dowson,

I have some strange behaviour with my 2 motorized throttles in my sim setup; they move crazy.

I am using fsuipc 4.855 with P3D, and this is my fsuipc log. I can't make anything of it, and hope you can point me in the right direction.

It's about the last part of the log....

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.855 by Pete Dowson *********

Running inside Prepar3D on Windows 7

Module base=62110000

User Name="edited out"

User Addr="edited out"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WideFS7 Key is provided

187 System time = 17/09/2012 00:55:53

187 FLT UNC path = "\\GAMEPC1\FSPLANS\"

187 Trying E:\Prepar3D\Modules\SimConnectP3D.dll

203 Found it: trying to connect

203 FS UNC path = "\\GAMEPC1\Prepar3D\"

499 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

499 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

499 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok

499 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

499 Trying to use SimConnect Prepar3D

2106 Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D®", Version: 1.4.4747.0 (SimConnect: 1.4.0.0)

2106 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

2106 FSUIPC Menu entry added

2137 \\GAMEPC1\FSPLANS\Standard P3D Flight.flt

2137 \\GAMEPC1\Prepar3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\Mooney_Bravo\Mooney_Bravo.AIR

53976 System time = 17/09/2012 00:56:47, Simulator time = 11:06:55 (15:06Z)

53992 Aircraft="Mooney Bravo With G1000"

54226 Starting everything now ...

54257 Using "E:\GoFlight\GFDEV.DLL", version 2.2.1.0

54257 GoFlight GFP8 detected: 4 devices

54257 GoFlight GFT8 detected: 3 devices

54257 GoFlight GFLGT detected: 1 device

54257 GoFlight GF166 detected: 4 devices

54257 GoFlight GFTQ6 detected: 1 device

54257 GoFlight GFMCPPRO detected: 1 device

54257 GoFlight GFWP6 detected: 1 device

54257 LUA.0: beginning "E:\Prepar3D\Modules\ipcReady.lua"

54304 LUA.0: ended "E:\Prepar3D\Modules\ipcReady.lua"

55505 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

61417 \\GAMEPC1\Prepar3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\Lear45\Lear45.AIR

61417 D:\Jaap\My Documents\Prepar3D Files\VoxATC IFR EHRD-EDDS.PLN

61417 Weather Mode now = Theme

61417 \\GAMEPC1\FSPLANS\VoxATC IFR EHRD-EDDS.FLT

61932 Aircraft="Learjet 45 Lear Project Edition"

189510 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 37 secs = 31.1 fps

2268878 Exception 3 "UNRECOGNIZED_ID", Ref 5906, Index param 3 on write SetData for "GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1"

2268878 Exception 3 "UNRECOGNIZED_ID", Ref 5906, Index param 3 on write SetData for "GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1"

2269190 Exception 3 "UNRECOGNIZED_ID", Ref 5910, Index param 3 on write SetData for "GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:2"

2269190 Exception 3 "UNRECOGNIZED_ID", Ref 5910, Index param 3 on write SetData for "GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:2"

2269378 Exception 3 "UNRECOGNIZED_ID", Ref 5912, Index param 3 on write SetData for "GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:3"

2269378 Exception 3 "UNRECOGNIZED_ID", Ref 5912, Index param 3 on write SetData for "GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:3"

2269690 Exception 3 "UNRECOGNIZED_ID", Ref 5913, Index param 3 on write SetData for "GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:4"

2269690 Exception 3 "UNRECOGNIZED_ID", Ref 5913, Index param 3 on write SetData for "GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:4"

If you need more data, please let me know what it is....

Thanks in advance,

Jaap Both

I have some strange behaviour with my 2 motorized throttles in my sim setup; they move crazy.

I am using fsuipc 4.855 with P3D, and this is my fsuipc log. I can't make anything of it, and hope you can point me in the right direction.

What software are you using to drive these motorised throttles? Nothing in FSUIPC sends anything to control your motors. It'll be something your software is reading. How are the graphic throttles in P3D moving?

These controls are used in FSUIPC only when the throttle offsets are written to. And for that they are used all the time, without exception. So we know they work. I think the error is referring to the ID of your aircraft, which is supposed to always be "SIMCONNECT_OBJECT_ID_USER" (defined as the value zero).

If P3D's SimConnect suddenly loses the user aircraft ID, not even recognising it as zero, then it is either a bug in P3D or something in SimConnect is getting corrupted.

Looking at this part:

1. It looks as if you are using an add-on aircraft. Are you sure it is 100% compatible with P3D? Can you test with the default Lear45 to check?

2. There's a period of nearly 35 minutes elapsed before these errors occurred. Were your throttles going daft all that time? If not, did you notice anything specific occur just before they did? Perhaps complex add-on scenery? The G3D errors which occur are usually due to memory corruption as far as I can tell, so this might be just another symptom of the same.

You may need to enable SimConnect logging (see the FAQ subforum thread for instructions) and report all this to Lockheed-Martin so they can investigate -- but they may not want to know unless it is with supported add-ons or default stuff.

Regards

Pete

What software are you using to drive these motorised throttles? Nothing in FSUIPC sends anything to control your motors. It'll be something your software is reading. How are the graphic throttles in P3D moving?

I use OpenCockpits SIOC language for that. This is running on a different PC in the Network, connected via WideClient.

As far as I know it only reads from FSUIPC and sends commands to the hardware throttles according to that.

Here nothing changed, this PC is still as it was before installing P3D on my main system. With FSX everything was running fine....

If P3D's SimConnect suddenly loses the user aircraft ID, not even recognising it as zero, then it is either a bug in P3D or something in SimConnect is getting corrupted.

I am beginning to suspect that it has to do something with Simconnect...

Looking at this part:

1.It looks as if you are using an add-on aircraft. Are you sure it is 100% compatible with P3D? Can you test with the default Lear45 to check?

2. There's a period of nearly 35 minutes elapsed before these errors occurred. Were your throttles going daft all that time? If not, did you notice anything specific occur just before they did? Perhaps complex add-on scenery? The G3D errors which occur are usually due to memory corruption as far as I can tell, so this might be just another symptom of the same.

1. It's not really an add-on, It's the original Lear45 from P3D with my own Paint. I did test it with the Default Lear too, but there was no improvement.

2. It was 35 minutes in the flight this log was from, other flights don't even last that long. Sometimes when getting ready to Taxi, and setting the Throttles, already makes P3D freez. But in those 35 minutes my Throttles went Daft right after setting A/T and TOGA, and they stayed that way until the program crashed...

But I might have narrowed it down a bit. These Crashes and erratic throttle behaviour ONLY happen when I use VoxATC. The same flight without VoxATC gives no problems at all! I got instructions from Tegwyn West on how to Install VoxATC in P3D, and he had a special SimCon.dll for use with P3D.

I followed his instructions, and overwrote the old SimCon.dll with the new one. (this file resides int the VoxATC main dir)

You may need to enable SimConnect logging (see the FAQ subforum thread for instructions) and report all this to Lockheed-Martin so they can investigate -- but they may not want to know unless it is with supported add-ons or default stuff.

Did that, and the log is over 500MB big! I have looked to some of it and see a lot of >>>>>>EXCEPTION<<<<<< entry's

For the rest I have no Idea what to look at, and filter the problems out.... I have now sent the problem description and logs to VoxATC.

Maybe you might have some ideas left?

Thanks for your clear vision, and best regards!

Jaap

But I might have narrowed it down a bit. These Crashes and erratic throttle behaviour ONLY happen when I use VoxATC. The same flight without VoxATC gives no problems at all! I got instructions from Tegwyn West on how to Install VoxATC in P3D, and he had a special SimCon.dll for use with P3D.

I followed his instructions, and overwrote the old SimCon.dll with the new one. (this file resides int the VoxATC main dir)

SimCon.dll? There's no "SimCon.dll" normally. Do you mean "SimConnect.dll"? P3D by default doesn't use a SimConnect DLL but you may still have P3D 1.0-1.2 DLLs or FSX or ESP DLLs in your WinSxS folders. FSUIPC4 can use the FSX or ESP DLLs with P3D too, if you have them installed (eg from FSX's SDK) and remove the SimConnectP3D.DLL from the Modules folder..

I'm afraid I'm really at a loss as to how VoxATC can upset a standard SimConnect control like the throttles. As I said, it appears that SimConnect isn't recognbising "0" as the ID for the User Aircraft. I know VoxATC can inject its own aircraft. I wonder if it changes the User Aircraft in some way?

I've a feeling you or Tegwyn will need to consult with Lockheed-Martin over this. The SimConnect log and your FSUIPC log shwing the Throttle control failures will be useful to their support.

Did you use these throttles with VoxATC on FSX at all?

Regards

Pete

No, it is really called Simcon.dll, and it is in the Voxatc main directory. I think it's VoxATC's own means to connect to Simconnect?

I should not have any FSX, ESP or even older P3D dll's in my WinSXS dir. This is a clean Win7 and P3D 1.4 install. But I did install the P3D SDK however.

Checking the WinSXS dir is a good suggestion however.

EDIT: There are simconnect.dll's in the WinSXS dir, but I did not put them there. I suppose they came with Win7?

Tegwyn just mailed me some suggestions to try out:

Very strange. I think SimConnect is being overloaded which means that it

can no longer handle VoxATC traffic and the throttles. Could you try

with VoxATC traffic set to zero. Also, do you see the green taxi lights

after getting taxi instructions? There may be a problem with all the

calls to SimConnect to display the lights.

Let's see what happens with his suggestions. I'll surely will ask Lockheed for help if the problem persists.

EDIT: I tried a flight with the VoxATC Traffic slider set to zero, and that seemed to have helped. I was able to complete my flight for the first time!

No real solution however, no Traffic at all is no fun! Posted my experiences on the P3d Forum too!

My FSX setup was exactly the same as it is now with P3d:

Four networked PC's, one of them running the Flightsim, MyTraffic, GoFlight and Voxatc. Another running Project Magenta PMRJ PMSounds and Simkits, yet another running PMRJ and OpenCockpits (with the Throttles), and the last one running PM MCP and PM CDU.

The only thing changed in my setup was my main PC, that now has P3D instead of FSX......

Thanks for your insights!

Jaap