The simFlight Network Forums

FSX_FSUIPC error message

Sometimes when I start FSX I get an error message asking if I want to run this software. After clicking yes sometimes FSX will eventually start, other times it crashes. I'm not sure if FSUIPC is the only problem because sometimes FSX doesn't display this error message, it just doesn't load and I finally get an error message that the program has stopped working. Is there any way to tell FSX to accept FSUIPC?

Jerry

post-16598-0-21032600-1348373734_thumb.p

Sometimes when I start FSX I get an error message asking if I want to run this software. After clicking yes sometimes FSX will eventually start, other times it crashes. I'm not sure if FSUIPC is the only problem because sometimes FSX doesn't display this error message, it just doesn't load and I finally get an error message that the program has stopped working. Is there any way to tell FSX to accept FSUIPC?

Assuming that on these occasions FSUIPC is not actually being loaded (see if there is a Log file produced), then this is a rare problem which is caused by a timing bug in SimConnect. Please see the "FSX fails to run after FSUIPC4 first installed" thread in the FAQ subforum. You could try using the FSUIPC loader, as described in the Installation and Registration document included in the main installer ZIP package. Be aware that using it does stop a couple of other things working, but these may not matter to you.

On the other hand, if a Log file is being prodcued, it may be a different problem -- possibly interaction with something else you've installed. Show me the log file (FSUIPC4.LOG) from the Modules folder.

Regards

Pete

Pete

I put FSUIPC4_Loader.dll in my modules folder. I also made sure SimFlight GmbH was listed as a trusted publisher. Still having the same problem. There wasn't a FSUIPC4.LOG file but there was this text file. Couldn't figure out how to attach it so I just pasted it:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.853 by Pete Dowson *********

Running inside FSX on Windows 7

Module base=65300000

User Name="Hugh McCarroll"

User Addr="jerrymc3@sbcglobal.net"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WideFS7 Key is provided

31 System time = 25/09/2012 17:49:02

31 FLT UNC path = "\\COCKPIT-1\Users\Jerrymc3\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

93 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

93 FS UNC path = "X:\FSX\"

281 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

281 Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

281 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok

281 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

281 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07

296 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

296 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

296 FSUIPC Menu entry added

327 X:\FSX\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT

327 X:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR

39125 X:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B727-200\cs727200.AIR

75770 *** G3D bad pointer trapped and crash prevented ***

82727 System time = 25/09/2012 17:50:24, Simulator time = 19:49:00 (00:49Z)

82743 Aircraft="CS 727-200 Captain Paint7"

83304 Starting everything now ...

83304 AES Link established

90480 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

186546 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 104 secs = 10.6 fps

Jerry

I put FSUIPC4_Loader.dll in my modules folder. I also made sure SimFlight GmbH was listed as a trusted publisher. Still having the same problem. There wasn't a FSUIPC4.LOG file but there was this text file.

That is the FSUIPC4.LOG file. It's filename is FSUIPC4.LOG. You have Windows set to hide filenames from you! Bad idea! The FSUIPC dcumentation tells you about this and what to do (see "Finding and Editing Files ..." on about page 10 of the User Guide).

Couldn't figure out how to attach it so I just pasted it:

That's what I asked you to do. Don't bother Zipping and attaching files unless they are really big.

The log shows FSUIPC4 is running fine. If even trapped and prevented a G3D.DLL crash, as shown here:

75770 *** G3D bad pointer trapped and crash prevented ***

Being so early in the session it seems that you have something bad (scenery or aircraft files) loading up as part of your default Flight file, i.e. the default (X:\FSX\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT). I suspect therefore that your FSX installation is corrupt and that this is the main reason for all these problems.

186546 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 104 secs = 10.6 fps

Please next time close down FSX before getting the Log file. There is valuable information provided at the end of the Log.

As I said, in this case FSUIPC4 loaded fine and was working well, but you certainly have FSX problems in any case if the default flight is crashing in G3D.DLL (which it certainly would have done if FSUIPC hadn't stopped it).

Regards

Pete

Do you suggest that I wipe out FSX and start with a new installation or is there any way to find what is corrupted. I set Windows not to hide filenames. I have a lot of addons installed, really hate to start over.

FSX ACCELERATION

FSGLOBAL AMERICAS, EUROPE, ASIA

ULITMATE TRAFFIC 2

FTX

PACAFIC NORTHWEST

PACIFIC FORDS

NORTHERN ROCKIES

CENTRAL ROCKIES

FSALTITUDE EASTERN & WESTERN US

FSDREAMTEAM

HAWAII1,PHNL,LSGG,ZURICH

JFK,KDFW,KLAS,KLAX,OHARE

IMAGINESIM

KDEN,KMCI,KCLT

ACTIVESKYX

MEGA AIRPORT

LONDON HEATHROW

CHARLES DE GAULE

AEROSOFT APPROACHING INNSBRUCK

MEGASCENERYX

DALLAS

COLORADO

UTAH

NEW YORK

PMDG 747

cAPTAIN SIM 727

Do you suggest that I wipe out FSX and start with a new installation or is there any way to find what is corrupted. I set Windows not to hide filenames. I have a lot of addons installed, really hate to start over.

I really couldn't hazard a guess, but find it very worrying for you that you'd get G3D.DLL crashes with initial default flight loading.

One possibility is that you have a bad memory (RAM) stick in the PC. If you have enough memory you might be able to try without one of the sticks in tirn to see if you can eliminate this as a possibility, though, of ocurse, if it was bad memory then it could have conceivably corrupted something during installation -- everything passes through memory.

An easier thing to try before that is probably to find and rename your FSX.CFG file so that next time FSX loads it makes a new one with all the options defaulted. If that helps then it might be a case of simply determining what options, what settings, and causing the grief and thereby perhaps pointing to the culprit parts.

In case it is a corrupted add-on scenery element, you could rename your current SCENERY.CFG file (in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX usually), and copy over the defalt one from the main FSX folder. This will revert the scenery loading to just the default layers (excepting some changes I think some of your add-ons make to default textures).

Finally, of the above listed add-ons only Ultimate Traffic 2 and ActiveSky X are loading up active elements initially, with PMDG also loading some DLLs which shouldn't then be doing anything. See if not running those makes a difference. In fact, find the DLL.XML and EXE.XML files (in the same folder as your FSX.CFG file) and rename those too -- this will stop UT2 and the PMDG modules loading -- just as a test. FSUIPC4 also won't load then, so after an initial test you'd need to re-run the FSUIPC4 installer to try just with FSUIPC4 running.

All these ways of testing are non-destructive. You can restore each and all, so it isn't a re-installing everything problem at this time. You need to determine the root cause, and elimination is the only way without a complete restart.

Regards

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Please, I'm trying to install FSUIPC but it is showing the error:

" Problem! The signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.dll. Please check that simflight is not listed as an "untrusted publisher" in internet explorer (internet Option-Content-Publishers). "

I have windows XP 32 bit, I tried to change the settings in internet explorer but it did not work.

Could you help me?

Best Regards,

Alexandre Bighetti